Joe Rogan and Jimmy Smith will be commentating UFC 223

I like the way Cruz shits on Rogan.

When Rogan and Smith are in the same space, it's like a contest to see who can praise the other more. A verbal blowjob contest, if you will.

I really cant stand how Cruz disagrees just to disagree. And Rogan trying to get Cruz to agree with him. Really kills the vibe too often for me.

Smith atleast is able to work with his co-commentator instead of just being there to show how much more he knows than Rogan.

Screaming Ohh's in stereo. I have a feeling not many listened to Jimmy in Bellator. Get ready to be annoyed by his cadence, cliches, questionable round scoring and creepy talk about ring card girls.
You just described the vast majority of sherdog posters, sounds like a winning formula

Coke and Diet Coke; with a side of tepid water.

Excellent, I'm so glad Cruz isn't on the team for 223. I'm sure he'd find a way to even make this event sound boring.

WAR Goldberg!!!!

Anyone but Cruz. That's no slight on his ability to call a fight. In fact, he's the best technical analyst they've ever had. He's just a smug cunt who can't play ball with the other teammates in the booth. I don't care for that shit. You can be right and not rub the other guy's nose in shit at the same time. I can get that stuff from my sister-in-law at Easter.

I like this booth.

He's just a smug cunt who can't play ball with the other teammates in the booth.
You'd prefer that Rogan just make shit up trying to sound like an expert? Cruz calls Rogan on his bullshit and seems to be the only one to do so. If Rogan doesn't want to be corrected constantly, he should stop talking bullshit.

You'd prefer that Rogan just make shit up trying to sound like an expert? Cruz calls Rogan on his bullshit and seems to be the only one to do so. If Rogan doesn't want to be corrected constantly, he should stop talking bullshit.
It’s not as bad as you are saying with Rogan. Yes over hyped and occasionally gets something wrong.

So does Dom. On several occasions he will say something is about to happen with absolute certainty and then it doesn’t then he covers with an excuse as to why it didn’t. Then according to Dom the undertook is the most critical and devastating technique in MMA. He’s not all that.

It’s not as bad as you are saying with Rogan. Yes over hyped and occasionally gets something wrong.

So does Dom. On several occasions he will say something is about to happen with absolute certainty and then it doesn’t then he covers with an excuse as to why it didn’t. Then according to Dom the undertook is the most critical and devastating technique in MMA. He’s not all that.
He's certainly not the best commentator. But he knows a hell of a lot more than Rogan does. I like hearing Rogan put in his place sometimes because there's been way too many times where he was on and on about bullshit and Goldie never called him on it or reigned him in. Cruz is overly technical and talks way too much about underhooks, but at least he speaks from actual MMA experience. If he's wrong, it's not because he's talking out of his ass.

Anyone but Cruz. That's no slight on his ability to call a fight. In fact, he's the best technical analyst they've ever had. He's just a smug cunt who can't play ball with the other teammates in the booth. I don't care for that shit. You can be right and not rub the other guy's nose in shit at the same time. I can get that stuff from my sister-in-law at Easter.

I like this booth.
That can be fixed by not putting Rogan with him.

Don’t understand why they didn’t keep Goldie around to fill the Anik role. They were already pretty close to the ideal commentary setup

082508_1847_Nobodyeffsw1_2.jpg

Should be a good combination.

I can't imagine it working out well. Didn't enjoy them together on Rogan's podcast. Too competitive.

Give me some more Gooden and Hardy.
Gooden is great in that role. He bigs up Dan Hardy but doesn’t come across too beta

I like Cruz, but not with Rogan, so this should be pretty good. I physically cringe when Cruz snips at Rogan, even though I like both of them. I wish DC wasn't busy with TUF so he could get some more commentating experience, he's got a lot of potential.

Back