Joe Rogan - 2 or 3 wins and Francis Ngannou will be more popular than Conor McGregor

I don't think he will be more popular but he has everything to hit the Brock Lesnar fame level

Not necessarily. Brock came in with a huge level of star power and it built on that. Honestly, without top level charisma, I don't see him being as big as Conor.

not unless he gets beat up by Anthony Joshua

drugs are bad, kids.

English not good enough.

Also we dont know if he’s skilled all-around and if he has cardio.

Now im scared for francis to be honest

....having Rogan on your hype train is a foreboding omen
<6>

I think Rogan is looking at it from a purist POV, McGregor has pretty much abandoned MMA and chased money. But the fact that Francis's first language isn't English really hurt him at the fight promo game, GSP is a unicorn in that he just about does everything else perfectly in order to have a large fan base. I don't think being a good HW automatically make you a super popular fighter, you have to have good promo skill like McGregor or an innate controversial figure like Tyson.

It’s cute ppl live in a fantasy world where ppl are judged by their skills alone, unfortunately there are other factors that come into play

Probably the most retarded thing i have heard all day.. the guy can't even speak english

Conor may be an excellent fighter but it's his charisma and talk that helped him jump the line and get fights with Floyd Mayweather

Also Francis hasn't beaten hardly anybody (i guess the 2-3 wins will help).. i don't think the casual fans know much about him either like some people are claiming.. just wait till the numbers come in for this event..

Not necessarily. Brock came in with a huge level of star power and it built on that. Honestly, without top level charisma, I don't see him being as big as Conor.
Youre right, Brock was pretty big and he had that epic destruction over Mir at 100 which really propelled him into MMA fame. Even Brock wasnt far behind conor level fame at his peak. Ngannou could reach jones level, 800K buys anytime hes on ppv sort of thing. Thats more of a fair assesment imo

Honestly tho people love to watch heavyweights man. I think that's why ali, tyson, lesnar all blew up in popularity. People love watching big ass mmofos throw down and beat the shit out of people... has nothing to do with talking

Joe's inner cuckold is coming out again.

I say that as someone who respects Rogan. But he does have a weird fascination with big, ripped, muscular men.

Back