Joe Riggs Shot Himself by accident (he's okay) Fight Cancelled

he knew no one really wanted to see him back

he's done

This either means he is starting to experience concussion damage to his brain, or he is covering up for someone else who shot him. Can't believe he is that dumb.

he shot himself?!!?!

WSHNlSL.gif
The absolute horridness of this gif matches the news.

Say_what.gif

Can't blame Joe, though. Joe Riggs is a hundred and forty-seven years old.

This is a riot, i'm sorry, how does one shoot themself? Something doesn't make sense here, I know it's happened before but this is epic. Joe Riggs must be kicking himself (too soon for shooting himself in the foot jokes) because after 8 years he finally makes it in the ufc and then this happens.

I read the title as if he took his own life. You scared the shit right out of me. I was ready for tears time.

How many people here believe this story?

Might as well say accidentally sauteed his hand while cooking Italian food. Thought it was a mushroom.

These "accidents" always sound fishy. What guy is responsible enough to clean his gun, but not responsible enough to make sure there isn't a round in the chamber before messing with it? You have to clear any bullets before disassembling and cleaning the barrel and breach. More likely someone else shot him and he's covering up for them.

This

Maybe he forgot the 1 in the chamber then he took out the magazine thinking it was empty lol i don't know.

Dude shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Wasn't even just loaded, he had one in the chamber which is even more unsafe. As he obviously found out.

Don't want to throw accusations around, but I will. It seems pretty obvious that he's off the wagon. No sober, clear-minded human would clean a weapon with a bullet in the chamber and the safety off (or have no safety). Absolutely sounds like the actions of someone who is heavily medicated or inebriated.

These "accidents" always sound fishy. What guy is responsible enough to clean his gun, but not responsible enough to make sure there isn't a round in the chamber before messing with it? You have to clear any bullets before disassembling and cleaning the barrel and breach. More likely someone else shot him and he's covering up for them.

Or it could be that he shot himself by accident while foolishly playing around with his gun and decided to make some kind of story to explain why. Either way no matter what the real story is, Riggs does not seem to be very smart.

Dude shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Wasn't even just loaded, he had one in the chamber which is even more unsafe. As he obviously found out.

Lol i know right? There is only a few rules to owning and operating a gun, its not that hard.

The-Four-Rules-courtesy-newbieshooter.com_.jpg

sounds fishy

i hate the murica and gun loving shit but i cant imagine any sober person being dumb enough to clean a loaded gun

Sometimes it's fun to get drunk, hang upside down, and see how fast you can take apart your gun and put it back together.

How many people here believe this story?

Might as well say accidentally sauteed his hand while cooking Italian food. Thought it was a mushroom.

This.

This doesn't pass the smell test AT ALL. He's covering something up. I would be interested to know if his wife/gf was present (or another person, for that matter).

i was happy for riggs getting back in the UFC. he's fought really well lately, but this is just sad. why would his gun be loaded when he's cleaning it? WTF?

Back