Joe Riggs Shot Himself by accident (he's okay) Fight Cancelled

sounds fishy

i hate the murica and gun loving shit but i cant imagine any sober person being dumb enough to clean a loaded gun

Thread title scared the shit outta me. "Joe Riggs Shot Himself" makes it sound like he committed suicide. UFC says he accidentally shot his hand and upper thigh while cleaning his handgun.

I wish Joe Riggs all the best and a speedy recovery. And let this be a lesson to everybody about gun safety.

EDIT: and as a non gun owner, even I realize how spectacularly stupid cleaning a loaded gun is. Just wow.

Jesus Christ, how many times do you have to get hit in the head to make that mistake?

I was in the reserves for 15 years. I have no idea how anyone with even the slightest bit of common sense can manage that. A firearm is always treated like its loaded, and kept pointed in a safe direction, and the first thing you do when you pick up any firearm is to do a safety check to make sure it isnt loaded.

I like Riggs but this may be an indicator that he has been punched in the head too many times.

When I read the tread title I thought he committed suicide. Hopefully he can recover from this but man this is a stupid way of him to injure yourself if it is true.

Bruh.

I'm horrified how low they're about to go to scrape the barrel now to find someone Thiago can beat.

You have to be drunk or fucked up not to remember to check the mag and chamber before you start cleaning a weapon. Seriously. Hope Riggs makes a speedy recovery though and glad nobody died.

Who the hell cleans a loaded pistol?

I like Riggs but this may be an indicator that he has been punched in the head too many times.

At first I laughed because it was funny, now I'm sad because it's probably true.

he shot himself?!!?!

WSHNlSL.gif

Bruh.

I'm horrified how low they're about to go to scrape the barrel now to find someone Thiago can beat.

Maybe someone from AKA. Thiago isn't a full time fighter, he still have a 9-to-5 job as a badass police officer.

sounds fishy

i hate the murica and gun loving shit but i cant imagine any sober person being dumb enough to clean a loaded gun
Good. 'Merica hates you as well.

And guns are fine in the hands of responsible people. I'll probably be on the range this weekend.

Blowing shit up and shooting shit is in your blood when you are from Texas, son. You don't know anything about that life.

For the record, if he was a licensed gun owner, this should be a criminal offense. That is reckless endangerment, and if he had a permit for it, there is no argument that he should be excused for his own ignorance.

Makes you wonder, why is it so hard to get to license to fight but so easy to get a license to endanger the lives of yourself and everyone around you with deadly weapons?

I was in the reserves for 15 years. I have no idea how anyone with even the slightest bit of common sense can manage that. A firearm is always treated like its loaded, and kept pointed in a safe direction, and the first thing you do when you pick up any firearm is to do a safety check to make sure it isnt loaded.

Retirement is at 20, I'm currently serving in the Guard. Why did you get out before!?

Back