Joe Joyce signs with Al Haymon

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Joe Joyce has reportedly signed with American adviser Al Haymon to help guide his career to take him to the next level. The 2016 Olympic Silver medalist Joyce (5-0, 5 KOs) is promoted by Hayemaker in the UK, but he’s failed to get the fights that he’s wanted against Dereck Chisora, Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller and Dillian Whyte. Some boxing fans feel that Joyce is the second best heavyweight in the UK behind Anthony Joshua right now, and he’s arguably the most avoided.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/08/joe-joyce-signs-with-al-haymon/

Any relation to James.... 'cause THAT fucker had a serious write!

:)

“I am delighted to announce my management company, S-Jam Boxing, and I have teamed up with Al Haymon,” he wrote on social media. “I am excited to now have Al advising me in my career. My US debut will be announced imminently… The Juggernaut is coming!”

Good, I think he could make some waves. His power seems to be showing itself more and more with each fight which would have been my biggest criticism of him. With heavier hands it makes him quite a scary opponent to deal with because he has such a tremendous work rate for an HW. He's getting on a bit in age too so it would be good for him to get the bigger fights as soon as possible.

Good, I think he could make some waves. His power seems to be showing itself more and more with each fight which would have been my biggest criticism of him. With heavier hands it makes him quite a scary opponent to deal with because he has such a tremendous work rate for an HW. He's getting on a bit in age too so it would be good for him to get the bigger fights as soon as possible.

I agree! Also he wants to be fast tracked to big fights, him being 32 already. I think there are some good fights for him in the states right away

Be interested to see him move up, I find it strange watching him as he looks so so slow but there is no doubt he hits like a truck

Be interested to see him move up, I find it strange watching him as he looks so so slow but there is no doubt he hits like a truck
LOL he isn't the most pleasing boxer to watch as he looks real slow, a bit awkward and plodding. He reminds me of Foreman in that respect. And his punches seem to be a lot of arm punches but he seems to be getting more body weight behind his shots these days. Hopefully, this was an artifact of his amateur days and as a pro he's learning to sit down more on his shots. So yeah to sum up he's not the greatest boxer to watch but he's damn effective. And for a big man he has the most impressive stamina I've ever seen.

Hes a promising talent but already 32 so hes going to have to get a move on.

On a side note, remember Usyk beating him in the amateurs a few years back? perhaps an interesting gauge of Usyks ability to handle bigger opponents when he comes up to HW.

Hes a promising talent but already 32 so hes going to have to get a move on.

On a side note, remember Usyk beating him in the amateurs a few years back? perhaps an interesting gauge of Usyks ability to handle bigger opponents when he comes up to HW.

Yeah Usyk handled Joyce pretty easily and Majidov. The same way he beat them he also beat Gassiev. If he goes to HW I really hope he doesn't end up slowing down by putting on weight.

Back