Joe Daddy Stevenson is officially Redeemed

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yes, he may have lost his fights, including a quick knockout...but Wow...has this guy matured into a great role model

His redemption story wasnt necessarily about winning fights, but winning at life

So inspired by this guy's recovery outside of the sport and how he shares his faith in a peaceful way

I really found it heart warming when he offered to pray with Haydar after he had just been Koed with him.

Despite the (2) guys being different religions, it was nice to see them come together and pray and it looked like even TJ & Cody...Bucholz & Duane but their beef aside for that peaceful moment...just to give thanks to God/higher power for all of their blessings

That my friends, is what religion should be about...respecting differences, open kindness and sharing in a common good...instead of forcing your ideas/beliefs on others

But can he win fights?

He has in the past, and could in the future with the UFC...but for this TUF its a challenge because hes past his prime fighting up 2 weight classes than where he competes

He has turned into a class act. He has had a great run but it is time to retire.

i dont believe he is sober for 4 year tho

His appearance certainly looks like a before picture more than a guy 4 years sober. Hope you're wrong though for Joe's sake.

Yes, he may have lost his fights, including a quick knockout...but Wow...has this guy matured into a great role model

His redemption story wasnt necessarily about winning fights, but winning at life

So inspired by this guy's recovery outside of the sport and how he shares his faith in a peaceful way

I really found it heart warming when he offered to pray with Haydar after he had just been Koed with him.

Despite the (2) guys being different religions, it was nice to see them come together and pray and it looked like even TJ & Cody...Bucholz & Duane but their beef aside for that peaceful moment...just to give thanks to God/higher power for all of their blessings

That my friends, is what religion should be about...respecting differences, open kindness and sharing in a common good...instead of forcing your ideas/beliefs on others

The guy is so fat and is fighting like 2 or 3 weight classes above what he did when he was in the ufc before...he is wayyyyyy tooooo fat...he could lose 40lbs easily...

Definitely time to retire from fighting but it's he's still beneficial to his team from a coaching perspective. They're lucky to have him

The guy is so fat and is fighting like 2 or 3 weight classes above what he did when he was in the ufc before...he is wayyyyyy tooooo fat...he could lose 40lbs easily...

Watchu talkin about? He previously won TUF at welterweight and then in the UFC he fought at LW lol

Wait. Which god? There's more than one? How do we know which one is real? Which we one should we believe in?

It could be just me, but this whole "God" thing sounds a little far fetched!

Watchu talkin about? He previously won TUF at welterweight and then in the UFC he fought at LW lol

what's the weight class on tuff now? Cause big daddy looks 2 weight classes too big.

He has in the past, and could in the future with the UFC...but for this TUF its a challenge because hes past his prime fighting up 2 weight classes than where he competes

From episode 1, I disdained that aspect of this season. You've got guys who have fought at featherweight competing with guys who cut to make Middleweight. Joe vs Hayder was just ridiculous - not to mention, Joe had just been in a fairly contentious fight just one week prior. That was ugly.

Prepare to be flamed by militant atheists even though you haven't said anything wrong

That's true, but almost everyone on that season was an actual WW or LW. This season you have a number of guys who fight at MW somehow cutting down to WW. There's a huge size disparity amongst the cast.

Winning at life is a lot harder than winning in the ring

Yeah, but after TUF, you usually see them drop down a weight class.

I watched that season and even then he had to lose a silly amount of weight in a short space of time before his 1st fight.

Back