Job Interview Etiquette

When it rains it fucking pours I guess, another interview request.

Call in sick to your current job.

Tell the interviewer you took time off.

i've rescheduled plenty of interviews. it's literally not a big deal, people do it all the time. they treat the interview very business like, as should you.

so just email and ask. if they say no sorry, this is the only time, then you have a choice to make. the easiest would be just to use a personal or sick day at your current job and go on the interview. but worst case scenario you just have to tell your boss.

You are overthinking it. Just reply letting them know that time is not going to work for you, and offer them several times that do. That is a completely nornal thing. You do not owe them an explanation.

Yep. This isn't grade school.

You are overthinking it. Just reply letting them know that time is not going to work for you, and offer them several times that do. That is a completely nornal thing. You do not owe them an explanation.

I do a fair amount of interviewing, and people lead busy lives. Just let them know what times work for you. I wouldn't mention that you feel the need to work that day. It may make you look too committed to your current job... like you are just testing the waters and not serious about changing jobs.

Back