Joanna's weight is nearly on point...

The one thing though is how many strikes did Joanna throw before Rose leveled her. In my opinion once Joanna got dropped the first time, there's little in the way to judge how she performed for the brief amount of time it lasted beyond that. She got hurt, was on auto pilot and then got put away in vicious fashion.

Rose deserves all the credit for her killer instinct and skill but I find it a little much to assume that Joanna has nothing for Rose because Rose managed to hurt her bad and put her away in short order. If it had been a five round Rose vs. PVZ-esque shut out I'd be more willing to make that statement.
Joanna attempted more strikes per second against Namajunas in that first round than she did against Andrade and Karolina:

1st Round Total Strikes Attempted
42 in 2:01 minutes (0.347 strikes/sec) vs. Namajunas
60 in 5:00 minutes (0.200 strikes/sec) vs. Andrade
70 in 5:00 minutes (0.233 strikes/sec) vs. Karolina

So it's not like Joanna threw low volume which skewed the accuracy percentage up to the 90th percentile and somehow overrates Namajunas' defense. Joanna actually threw 8 more strikes than Namajunas (34).

I think Joanna has the advantage in the clinch, which is where Namajunas showed some weakness in during the Karolina fight. Namajunas may have been working on that weakness since then, but it's an avenue for Joanna nonetheless. Namajunas also showed cardio problems in the Karolina fight, but I don't think Joanna's chin (unlike Karolina's) would last long enough for Namajunas' cardio to come in to play. There's also the additional threat of Namajunas' skill on the ground, which is something that Joanna will have to constantly be worrying about.

Joanna will have to fight in the clinch and be extremely defensive outside of that distance, all the while worrying about takedowns, it's a nightmarish matchup for her.

iu

that's a picture of a scale, where is JJ?

Back