Joanna's weight is nearly on point...

JJ made herself believe so hard that weight was the issue but she conveniently forgot both Claudia and Karolina dropped her as well.

What happened with Rose is that Rose followed up and kept of knocking her down.

The issue is JJ’s chin. She’s always had a suspect chin. It was a matter of time before somebody caught her.

I expect Rose to catch that chin again and DC to shout, “THUG ROSE!” 23 times in a row.

Wasn't Joanna's excuse the fact that her weight inexplicably jumped the night before weigh in? Posting a picture of her weight right now has no relevance, because presumably her weight was fine at this point of her camp prior to her first fight against Namajunas, and if it wasn't then her original excuse was clearly a falsehood.

@ArtOfDrowning - To add to your point: Namajunas made JJ miss 90% of her strikes and knocked her down twice, the latter of which has happened repeatedly in previous fights where her weight cut was never brought up. JJ could just be propagating this excuse for business reasons (protect her brand), but if she actually believes it and isn't accepting the reality of what happened in their first fight, then I expect shades of Nunes vs. Rousey.

And granted, I think if JJ corrected her technical mistakes from the first fight, fought a heavy clinch game, and is able to drag the fight into the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds, I can see her winning a unanimous decision, because the clinch and cardio are Namajunas' weaknesses (though Namajunas could be fixing them as we speak).

Prove that's YOUR weight JJ

10 pounds to lose in 2 weeks is MORE than enough time

jj's biggest problem is when she gets punched stiff she has a terrible reaction to it. like her vs claudia, she gets punched and drops, but is totally in control of her body.

anyway, rose will always be a tough fight for her

What does she usually weigh 2 weeks out from fight day?

Honestly, shouldn't even be a topic of discussion for someone who held the 115 pound title for 2 years. Do we need to celebrate champions making weight?

It’s not the actual making weight.
She said that she had a terrible weight cut last time and she’s sharing with her adoring fans, like you, that she’s on target this time.

I buy her excuse.

You don’t get KO’d by a pillow fisted 120 pound girl without severe prior dehydration.

Joanna taking back what’s hers.

Wasn't Joanna's excuse the fact that her weight inexplicably jumped the night before weigh in? Posting a picture of her weight right now has no relevance, because presumably her weight was fine at this point of her camp prior to her first fight against Namajunas, and if it wasn't then her original excuse was clearly a falsehood.

@ArtOfDrowning - To add to your point: Namajunas made JJ miss 90% of her strikes and knocked her down twice, the latter of which has happened repeatedly in previous fights where her weight cut was never brought up. JJ could just be propagating this excuse for business reasons (protect her brand), but if she actually believes it and isn't accepting the reality of what happened in their first fight, then I expect shades of Nunes vs. Rousey.

And granted, I think if JJ corrected her technical mistakes from the first fight, fought a heavy clinch game, and is able to drag the fight into the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds, I can see her winning a unanimous decision, because the clinch and cardio are Namajunas' weaknesses (though Namajunas could be fixing them as we speak).
Absolutely agree. Joanna fought the same fight she always does. And lets not forget Clauda dropped her in first two rounds as well.

Against good strikers, Joanna is there to be hit. She took over the fight with Clauda via her cardio. She could try to clinch with Rose but I guess Rose is not so dumb to just accept it. And Rose is moving nicely on the feet so circling away and catching Joanna as she tries to dive into the clinch could score her a counter strike knockdown.

Big question is how will Rose cardio look because she slowed down against Karolina but then again Karolina has a chin on her and took some good shots in first two rounds from Rose. I think Joanna can't take those shots. We will see but this whole weight cutting story is so pathetic. Especially from someone who always looks terrible on weigh in day but suddenly it's an issue when she lost. Before that she is a cardio freak but now it's the biggest and only problem in her whole game. Fuck that, I hate excuses like that. If she truly believes in that story then we will get Cain vs JDS 2 and 3 in which JDS refused to change a single thing about his game and lost BADLY.

It’s not the actual making weight.
She said that she had a terrible weight cut last time and she’s sharing with her adoring fans, like you, that she’s on target this time.
Joanna cut over 20 lbs against Penne; she's always had terrible weight cuts, the fact that she only brought the subject up after losing says it all.

I buy her excuse.

You don’t get KO’d by a pillow fisted 120 pound girl without severe prior dehydration.

Joanna taking back what’s hers.
See above; furthermore, Joanna has been knocked down throughout her reign against both strikers and grapplers. Her style has never evolved since she debuted in the UFC, it's always consisted of sprawl-and-Muay Thai with a flawed striking defense that finally cost her the title. Not to mention that Namajunas' hands and striking defense have been improving greatly over the last two years, and given her age she can only get better at this point.

Joanna cut over 20 lbs against Penne; she's always had terrible weight cuts, the fact that she only brought the subject up after losing says it all.

See above; furthermore, Joanna has been knocked down throughout her reign against both strikers and grapplers. Her style has never evolved since she debuted in the UFC, it's always consisted of sprawl-and-Muay Thai with a flawed striking defense that finally cost her the title.

I think this one was the roughest one.

I remember Joanna getting dropped by Gadelha’s jab and something Andrade threw, but her eyes never rolled back it looked off balance not rocked.

Karolina rocked her hard, but that was understandable, Joanna dove into the punch.

Rose is notoriously pillow fisted and Joanna had her eyes roll backwards after Rose’s feeling out punch.

This time, she back.

Absolutely agree. Joanna fought the same fight she always does. And lets not forget Clauda dropped her in first two rounds as well.

Against good strikers, Joanna is there to be hit. She took over the fight with Clauda via her cardio. She could try to clinch with Rose but I guess Rose is not so dumb to just accept it. And Rose is moving nicely on the feet so circling away and catching Joanna as she tries to dive into the clinch could score her a counter strike knockdown.

Big question is how will Rose cardio look because she slowed down against Karolina but then again Karolina has a chin on her and took some good shots in first two rounds from Rose. I think Joanna can't take those shots. We will see but this whole weight cutting story is so pathetic. Especially from someone who always looks terrible on weigh in day but suddenly it's an issue when she lost. Before that she is a cardio freak but now it's the biggest and only problem in her whole game. Fuck that, I hate excuses like that. If she truly believes in that story then we will get Cain vs JDS 2 and 3 in which JDS refused to change a single thing about his game and lost BADLY.
And to be fair to Namajunas, she might have learned to better pace herself and worked more on clinch-work after the Karolina loss. It's not like Namajunas is in her prime, she's only 25 years old <45>.

Thing is Joanna was at 128 eight days out from the last fight, then her weight jumped up, wouldn't come off and she was forced into the crazy weight cut. Weak chin? Weight cut? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I hope Joanna gets the KO, and I don't even like JJ.

5267d54ed16377a1b674d9fd3a867453--lady-gaga-wut.jpg

I think this one was the roughest one.

I remember Joanna getting dropped by Gadelha’s jab and something Andrade threw, but her eyes never rolled back it looked off balance not rocked.

Karolina rocked her hard, but that was understandable, Joanna dove into the punch.

Rose is notoriously pillow fisted and Joanna had her eyes roll backwards after Rose’s feeling out punch.

This time, she back.
Except for the fact that her weight cut isn't why she gets hit and it isn't why she lost against Namajunas. The fact that Joanna is putting such importance on her weight leading up to the rematch suggests she'll lose again for the same reasons as before.

Furthermore, the circumstances of the rematch are not the same as the circumstances of the first fight:
1) Joanna had a bad weight cut 5 months ago and will have a less bad weight cut in the rematch.
2) Joanna received a concussion 5 months ago and depending on how soon and how intense she started sparring again probably hasn't properly recovered from it.
3) Joanna has to somehow regain her confidence as she goes into the rematch knowing (or being in denial) that Namajunas knocked her out/made her tap to strikes.

The similarities between Rousey and Joanna are both ironic and a bit eerie.

Last edited:
War BOOGIEWOOOOOOMAN :D

Back