Joanna vs. Rose 2 Who You Got?

Imo Joanna has the skillset to make adjustments to win. Don't think the same is true for Rose. as cool as rose is, this is gonna be like the GSP/Serra fights tap and all
I total disagree. Rose is a more complete fighter and now her fighting mental game is squared away. Rose will win the rematch by submission and Joanna will not tap but will go to sleep.

I'm going with Rose. I think that speed is JJ's kyrptonite and her chin has shown itself to be a weakness as well. JJ will have to fight a completely different style of fight than she's used to in order to win. She'll have to slow the pace down and try to make most of the fight take place in the clinch. I think that's a hard adjustment for JJ to make and she'll go back to doing what she's always done...stay on the outside and use movement to pick her shots. And Rose will find her chin again.

Rose is good i dont know why people kept saying she was gonna get destroyed by Joanna... i mean joanna was awesome as well, but to say Rose had no chance was ridiculous... anyways i hope rose takes the rematch but its a pick em fight, especially if IF rose is in Joannas head. i just hope for a great fight and a clear winner, no ref mistake type bs and no bs decisions.

Joanna's the better fighter. Unless the last fight was an indication that she's now past her prime, she should take the belt back from Rose fairly handily.
Rose is the better fighter and even in her losses was the better fighter. Her mental fight game was not where it needed to be in those losses. Her mental fight game is squared away so I do not see her losing anytime soon as she has not even peaked yet.

I'm thinking Joanna just had an off night like GSP/Serra but I wouldn't be shocked if Rose has simply evolved enough and just has the right style to beat her.

Joanna is taking her belt back.

I believe the weight cut excuse, she has been hit by much harder shots to get dropped and KO'd by a pillow fisted 120 pound girl in Rose.

I think Rose is a good bet. Joanna will and should be favored, but I don't have much confidence in her. I see mental weakness in her. She might have that Rousey-Syndrome and never be the same after losing...
if you see mental weakness in her you dont know what mental weakness is

It's going to look like the first fight. Joanna is an outfighter, but Rose proved she is better there in the first fight. I don't see Joanna getting takedowns on Rose and if she tries she will probably get her back taken.

Rose is 25 and getting better each time we see her. Like a Max Holloway. Joanna is storied legend on the downside. She took alot of damage in not only this last fight, but vs Valerie, Gadelha 2, & Karolina. Andrade lumped her up a bit as well. Throw in 70 kickboxing fights and a ton of sparring and she may be damaged goods.

Weidman/Silva 2, TJ/Barao 2, Max/Aldo 2

Imma stick with rose but I'm expecting a tuff 4 or 5 rounds, and Joanna saying it's the cut again and moving to 125. Rose is just such a smart fighter she's going to go on a decent championshiprun.

if you see mental weakness in her you dont know what mental weakness is

Oh ok, you have a degree in psychology then right? Joanna has been making excuse's and blaming everyone but herself for her loss. That is a fact, and I consider that a mental weakness. I never even called her mentally weak, because that isnt my position. She's a great fighter, but she's clearly not used to adversity. Don't act like I said something crazy, you sound dumb as fuck. How about contributing to the convo?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I think Rose takes her down, keeps her down then chokes her out this time cos Joanna never taps :rolleyes:

I thought it was a fluke until I saw a video of someone ask Bullet about it and she was like "no Rose is actually that good, I trained with her."

I don't get why so many people are still picking Joanna, Joanna is an older fighter that lost against an up and comer in Rose.. rarely in do rematches like this end with the older fighter getting redemption.

There's enough reason to believe that Joanna is the generally superior fighter and that she actually beats Rose the majority of the time but happened to lose when they met in UFC 217.

She's also 30. Fighters have reached their wear n' tear limit by that point but I think we're likely to continue seeing excellence from her.

Overall she's just the more consistent world-beater between the two.

JJ is 8-1 in all of her UFC bouts and has a history of excellence in Muay Thai.

Rose is 5-2 in her UFC bouts.

I think that JJ just got caught by punches & combinations from angles she didn't expect to see from Rose and will come into the rematch with a better understanding of Rose's skills and dangerousness.

You are right though in the sense that the fighter that wins the original bout tends to win the rematch and that older champions that get dethroned tend to lose their immediate title shot opportunities [Penn/Edgar, Weidman/Silva, Aldo/Halloway, etc].

Back