Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko Added to UFC 231 in Toronto for Vacant Flyweight Title

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Nice Valentina can get the belt then let her fight Andrade for her first defense. Then let the Mexican wrestler lady that beat cancer get one more win and let her fight the winner of Valentina and Andrade.

at least they're booking real fights now in the division, you can't make a new division and just have it filled with jobbers. ironically we can thank Nicco Montano for this fight happening, if she didnt pull out Val would've squashed her and then probably crushed cans for another year before this fight happened.

Nah I think they were going to setup Val vs JJ after that fight if she won anyways.

Nice Valentina can get the belt then let her fight Andrade for her first defense. Then let the Mexican wrestler lady that beat cancer get one more win and let her fight the winner of Valentina and Andrade.

How about Andrade and Suarez actually fight at 115 since it is their weight class?

i hate WMMA as much as the next guy, but these 2 are legit skilled and a pleasure to watch for me personally.

should be a good, technical fight.

i wonder if joanna will perform better without the shit weight cut, maybe it'll give her more of a chin.

And not a single fuck was given. Battle of the pillowfists.
At 125 lbs, Joanna had a reputation as a hard hitter. Jens Pulver raved about how hard she could punch when he was a commentator for her Cage Warriors fight (which Joanna won by KO) with former UFC bantamweight Rosie Sexton at 125 lbs.

Joanna by throwing more than Valentina.
Val is the rightful fav but I could also see this happening. This most likely goes to a decision. Val is very precise but doesn't thtow much volume. If joanna uses her leg kick heavy gameplan ala rose 2 she has a chance.

Looking at joanna on social media shes been looking alot better physically with this time off. She has put on weight and hopefully can put on some muscle before this fight. As a fan I do worry for her but val is the one coming down. At least joanna wont look so bad at weigh ins.

How does the "point fighter" have way more finishes than Joanna?
They both have only two finishes in the UFC: both of Valentina’s are by submission, both of Joanna’s are by KO or TKO.

They both have only two finishes in the UFC: both of Valentina’s are by submission, both of Joanna’s are by KO or TKO.

Valentina has 6 fights in the UFC, Joanna has 11. Valentina has 4 decisions out of 15 wins. Joanna has 10 decisions out of 15 wins. By any objective measure Joanna is more of a point fighter. Not sure what your submission/TKO comment has to do with it.

I’ve no problem with the idea of Shev winning it’s just people calling a KO for a woman that never really sits down on her punches at all seems rather unlikely.
Fair comment of the Rose stuff tho, KO still seems like the least likely outcome.

If they were the same size then yes. But this is a SW moving up vs a BW moving down. I really hope JJ wins, supporting my own country here and I find Val beyond annoying.

Back