Joanna Jedrzeczyk vs. Rose Namajunas Timeline

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A good summary of the fighter history high-points leading up to the strawweight championship fight on the main card of UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden.
~
UFC 217: Joanna Jedrzeczyk vs. Rose Namajunas Timeline - MMA Fighting

MMAFightingonSBN
Published on Oct 22, 2017

Rose is a fun fighter, but she’s not on the level...

JJ fought way harder competition, even before she was champion.
JJ has huge fights experience advantage over Rose, they also fought Carla and Karolina, JJ won, and Rose lost these 2 fights.
I don't mind, but she should fight Claudia or Andrade first. There's huge gap between Waterson and Joanna.

Am i supposed to think Rose has any chance?

Beating Tecia Torres (also has a loss to her), Waterson, and losing to Karolina is not a convincing resume for a challenger.

I know JJ is gonna win, probably by stoppage, but I really want Rose to win. She has grown on me - like a rose, you could say.

Joanna is justifiably the favorite to win, but nonetheless I think Rose has a good chance. Pat Barry recently claimed that every bad performance of Rose was his fault, a result of the burden of his severe drug abuse problems on her. If Pat has truly cleaned up his act, as he claims, we may now see a dangerously fully-focused Rose unlike any Rose we've seen before.

As for a particular vulnerability of Joanna's that Rose might be able to take advantage of: Joanna let Jessica Penne take her back while standing, which might have turned into a big problem for Joanna if the round hadn't ended shortly thereafter. If Joanna lets Rose succeed in doing the same, with some time on the clock remaining, that could be game over. Rose is very dangerous working from that position.

I also expect that Rose being able to train so much with Valentina (and her coach, Pavel) will be a big help to her for this fight.

Joanna is justifiably the favorite to win, but nonetheless I think Rose has a good chance. Pat Barry recently claimed that every bad performance of Rose was his fault, a result of the burden of his severe drug abuse problems on her. If Pat has truly cleaned up his act, as he claims, we may now see a dangerously fully-focused Rose unlike any Rose we've seen before.

As for a particular vulnerability of Joanna's that Rose might be able to take advantage of: Joanna let Jessica Penne take her back while standing, which might have turned into a big problem for Joanna if the round hadn't ended shortly thereafter. If Joanna lets Rose succeed in doing the same, with some time on the clock remaining, that could be game over. Rose is very dangerous working from that position.

I also expect that Rose being able to train so much with Valentina (and her coach, Pavel) will be a big help to her for this fight.

tell us more about Pat Barry's drug abuse problems

first i've heard of them

It’s a compelling fight, in a developing division. Rose is not ready, just like she wasn’t ready vs Esparza. She has grown and developed, but is still very young. Were this men’s LW / FW / WW, she could have a few years to gain valuable experience; WSW doesn’t yet have the depth. I think that JJ will have been a favorite even a few years in the future, but in 2017, it’s going to be pretty one-sided.

Thanks for the vid TS
Big fan of JJ which I can't say about any other WMM artist's , I can't wait for UFC 217 should be a great card

Rose has been improving more than any other straw weight. This is a more dangerous match up than people are making it out to be for the champ.

Rose seemed fun and once, but shaved her head and became completely unlikable.
War JJ

War JJ

8Q6gvlx.gif

Rose seemed fun and once, but shaved her head and became completely unlikable.
War JJ

Still looks better with a shaved head than JJ does with a full set of hair.

Not that looks matter. But it was cool that she did do it, not at least in the context of fighting PVZ.

tell us more about Pat Barry's drug abuse problems

first i've heard of them
If you're serious - he had a opioid painkiller addiction and spoke about it w/ Rose on MMA Hour. Pretty sad to watch/hear actually, because it sounds like they were close to ending their relationship. Those painkillers make people impossible to be around.

I just hope Rose puts up a great fight. I love both but I think JJ is gonna win. Like the video.

Back