Joanna J: Superstar 13.0 - Time to De-Thorn A Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanMMAfan84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alright, admins.. You know what to do IF this is no bueno.. But bear with me at the same time..

Seeing as how JJS 12.0 by @Towelie by TKO got unceremoniously thrown to the wasteland and subsequently "dumped", I realized.. 'OK... Someone HAS TO NOT let this thing die..' Also, seeing as how nobody is stepping up here, I figure, 'I might as well do it.' So, here we go, version 13.0 of the famous (or infamous, in some eyes) JJ Superstar thread!

Our girl's next challenge? Defending that strawweight strap against the ever so dangerous Thug Rose Namajunas in MSG on November 4th at UFC 217, as the fight agreement has been signed as of October 12th after much speculation of whether or not it was gonna happen in NYC! :D

There's also one other thing: With the 115 division almost cleaned out, we have to wonder where does our beloved Polish superstar go after and IF she wins... One possible road may include the brand new women's 125 class, which presents two VERY intriguing destinations: A bout with either the TUF 26 champ, whoever that may be or even a tilt with her old "friend", Valentina Shevchenko? ;)

Ok, my piece has been said, but before I even attempt to bring this show back from the dead, I want to make one thing very, very clear: Trolling will not, and I mean this... WILL NOT be tolerated. Sure, WMMA may not be one of the most popular subjects here, but that fact does NOT give y'all a free ride to spew venom towards fans of certain fighters like JJ or whomever else. If you have a differing opinion, that's fine, and I'm willing to encourage debates, but I won't accept fighter bullying or bullying of fellow fans, so, lemme reiterate: Any venomous posts from anyone posting here will be reported to admins ON THE SPOT! This is your ONLY WARNING.

@-AP-, hope ya don't mind my using this as a header, bro!

Oh, and if you've missed the show the last 12 times...

So.. *sigh* Here we go.. Wish me luck... On with the show!

Last edited:
How many versions of this have you maniacs made so far?

<mma4>

Makes sense.

I don't think Rose can pull the upset here. Her wrestling game is similar to Jessica Penne's and although she is a far superior striker than said human punching bag she is also nowhere near Joanna.

I guess Gadelha vs Andrade should be delayed a little bit and be for the #1 contender spot, while the UFC has time to fast track Calvillo, Suarez or whoever to feed the Polish monster. That fight just doesn't make sense right now, Andrade lost is still fresh and Gadelha is nominally 2-0 (and even if she is actually 1-1, the first fight was very close and in the second she got dominated, so she deserves to walk the Miesha Tate walk).

And as far as 125, those girls should be crossing fingers for Shevchenko to defeat Nunes and stay in 135, at 125 she mops the floor with all of them. Joanna included.

What the fuck are these threads even about???

Appreciation of skills and looks. We can debate, but I won't tolerate any trolling of any kind.
tumblr_noq3ghNA5Q1tq1pyno1_400.gif

So when is Joanna fighting again? Seems like she turned down 216 and the UFC are reluctant to put her on 217. That leaves Detroit and the year end card and she wants to spend Christmas in Poland.

UFC 218 won't be bad card, if rumors about Jon Jones vs Gus are true. 2xJJ's defending titles. Not bad imo.

So when is Joanna fighting again? Seems like she turned down 216 and the UFC are reluctant to put her on 217. That leaves Detroit and the year end card and she wants to spend Christmas in Poland.

I thought she would be a shoe in for the MSG card as she fought on the last one .

Ya know, come to think of it, there's something missing in this thread (feet guys notwithstanding).. and I think I know what it is! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back