Joanna Jędrzejczyk

Also I realised that I said that Rose was both technically refined and not technically refined. I should clarify, I meant that her grappling wasn't as refined as her striking.

Rose is pretty good on a technical level; she throws with good form, has nice snap on her strikes, footwork is good and so forth, but she doesn't really have a tight system or process to maximize the effectiveness of her skills the way Joanna does. Rose is pretty good at whacking opponents when they get careless and give her an opening, but she doesn't really create openings and use them to break down an opponent.

For instance, Joanna usually starts with jabbing & low kicking her opponents, then when they start trying to block the jab she'll feint it and go around the guard with a left hook or right cross, then return to jabs when they're blocking the other punches. And once they guarding high to block head punches the front kicks and body punches start coming in under the guard, and all the while the low kicks keep piling up. Every strike exploits and creates openings for something else and she constantly adjusts her strike selection to keep hitting and creating new openings for further strikes, it's not a co-incidence that her effectiveness usually goes up as the fight goes on.

That's something that Rose doesn't do which is why I think she'll get run over by Joanna unless she surprises her with a flying kick or something crazy.

Rose is pretty good on a technical level; she throws with good form, has nice snap on her strikes, footwork is good and so forth, but she doesn't really have a tight system or process to maximize the effectiveness of her skills the way Joanna does. Rose is pretty good at whacking opponents when they get careless and give her an opening, but she doesn't really create openings and use them to break down an opponent.

For instance, Joanna usually starts with jabbing & low kicking her opponents, then when they start trying to block the jab she'll feint it and go around the guard with a left hook or right cross, then return to jabs when they're blocking the other punches. And once they guarding high to block head punches the front kicks and body punches start coming in under the guard, and all the while the low kicks keep piling up. Every strike exploits and creates openings for something else and she constantly adjusts her strike selection to keep hitting and creating new openings for further strikes, it's not a co-incidence that her effectiveness usually goes up as the fight goes on.

That's something that Rose doesn't do which is why I think she'll get run over by Joanna unless she surprises her with a flying kick or something crazy.

Exactly. If Rose is on fire, she will take advantage of your mistakes and dominate. We saw that Rose on TUF, to the point where Dana was calling her the next Ronda. We also saw that Rose against Michelle...:(.

In my opinion, the Rose we saw against Torres and Karolina has a good chance of getting beat by Waterson and definitely loses to Joanna. The Rose we saw in her last fight at least has a chance. Small.....but a chance.

The problem is that Michelle consistently makes mistakes while being aggressive. Joanna does not. She doesn't go for the hell-bent-for-leather explosive finish. She wears you down.

We saw how Rose dealt with Joanna-Light, (Karolina) that's why I don't give her a huge chance, even on fire.

Back