Joanna is going to destroy Rose

It could very well be a fluke but don't tell all the Captain Hindsights on sherdog about it. They'll criticize you up until you're right then they'll disappear.

I love coming across gold.

lets be real. Rose got lucky as fuck in her last fight with Joanna.

You may say, how was she lucky, she threw a punch aimed at Joanna that hit Joanna.

However, you guys are forgetting that Rose threw 2 punches randomly and one of them got lucky and connected.

The first punch hit Joanna, than Rose continued to punch air.

This means rose likely closed her eyes, before she threw the combination becuz she was scared about the counter.

Ridiculously sloppy fight ending combination.

LOL

Joanna had a horrible cut. I think if she can workout Roses length she will win.

Joanna is the better fighter but Rose is still improving looking forward to this fight.

i like joanna but it wasn't luck, she's chinny and she got caught.

but yeah don't be surprised if joanna comes back and pieces rose up for a 50-45 decision.

it sucks because joanna seems like the chinniest girl in the UFC, no other girl is getting hurt/dropped as much as her.
Tell me how many times she’s been dropped?

Tell me how many times she’s been dropped?
as i told that retard who was super mad for some reason.

she got dropped twice against gadelha, dropped twice against rose, and hurt pretty bad against karolina (she actually did fall down but hit the cage).

If Joanna even had a slighty decent chin she'd murk her, but reality is if you graze her there she just falls. It's a 50/50 fight for me.

Its obvious from your avatar you are an idiot.......

And I can tell from your method of engagement in threads that you are a turd, deserving nothing other than a flush.

<{clintugh}>

rose exploited jjs weakness to be hit with a left hook
jj knows this, and she will fix it
i love rose but i believe jj wins the rematch

I think she does. Rose can't handle the pressure about rematch. If Joanna can handle first round it should be her fight. Rose can't go 5 rounds with anyone. She chokes as soon as she realizes that think doesn't go her way.

To be fair she destroyed PVZ, a game but overmatched opponent over five rounds. I know that PVZ is not close to Joanna’s ability but that fight shows rose can do five rounds without fatiguing.

Only fight that showed Rose crack under adversity was her first title shot and Carla definitely had her number with not only the wrestling but just the gameplanning in general. Sapped the fight out of Rose.

Five round fight probably favors Joanna cause she tends to do great work in the championship rounds. Still, based on the first fight, we know rose can hurt and put away Joanna. She may be a real bad style fight for Joanna and beat her dominantly again. Or maybe she just hurt her badly in an early exchange and Joanna was on autopilot until getting stopped.

That’s why I don’t really get the “Rose won every facet of the fight” logic. Joanna got hurt badly early and it was completely Rose’s fight from that point on. That’s a full credit to Rose’s abilities and killer instinct, but I don’t see how it compares to Weidman/Anderson where we saw Chris get the better of Anderson on the ground and standing before the finish.

That’s why I don’t really get the “Rose won every facet of the fight” logic. Joanna got hurt badly early and it was completely Rose’s fight from that point on.

And this cant happen again?

And this cant happen again?

Oh it absolutely can. Rose is a great finisher and she’s gotten better and better. But I feel like a fight where someone got cracked early and then put away isn’t the same as a fight where someone gets a sustained beating everywhere.

I’m not trying to say Rose isn’t a bad fight for Joanna. I’m just saying I don’t think we’ve seen enough to make that judgment. That’s why I don’t agree how emphatically many people seem to see the rematch as a foregone conclusion.

I watch a fight like Penn vs. Joe Daddy or GSP vs. Fitch and it would be very tough to conceive of those fights going much differently had there been rematches. Those were sustained lopsided fights where the champ was clearly better even in the realms where the opponent was best.

But Rose vs Joanna just showed me that Rose is a great finisher, her striking is sharp and Joanna is vulnerable to getting tagged. We knew all these things going in. I don’t know if I really saw that Rose is measurably better than Joanna everywhere.

Regardless she has a strong shot at retaining the belt. But I certainly wouldn’t count Joanna out and hope she pulls it off.

Joanna cut over 20 lbs against Penne and has in all likelihood had comparably bad weight cuts prior to her last one for the Namajunas fight.

Joanna has a history of getting knocked down by grapplers and her before/after pictures show plenty of damage to her face; Joanna's game has never evolved since she joined the UFC, it's always been sprawl-and-Muay Thai. I'm not trying to suggest that Namajunas is going to reign over the Strawweight division, but perhaps Namajunas is to Joanna what Holm was to Rousey: someone who exposed a champion's weaknesses. And given Joanna's string of excuses, we'll likely see shades of Nunes vs. Rousey in the rematch.

Oh it absolutely can. Rose is a great finisher and she’s gotten better and better. But I feel like a fight where someone got cracked early and then put away isn’t the same as a fight where someone gets a sustained beating everywhere.

I’m not trying to say Rose isn’t a bad fight for Joanna. I’m just saying I don’t think we’ve seen enough to make that judgment. That’s why I don’t agree how emphatically many people seem to see the rematch as a foregone conclusion.

I watch a fight like Penn vs. Joe Daddy or GSP vs. Fitch and it would be very tough to conceive of those fights going much differently had there been rematches. Those were sustained lopsided fights where the champ was clearly better even in the realms where the opponent was best.

But Rose vs Joanna just showed me that Rose is a great finisher, her striking is sharp and Joanna is vulnerable to getting tagged. We knew all these things going in. I don’t know if I really saw that Rose is measurably better than Joanna everywhere.

Regardless she has a strong shot at retaining the belt. But I certainly wouldn’t count Joanna out and hope she pulls it off.

Its WMMA and anything can happen....but....people are assuming Rose will come back with the same plan as last fight.....I highly doubt it. People are also assuming Rose cant go 5 rounds and that JJ can easily......EXCEPT Rose did against PVZ and looked pretty good.

I do think JJ will do things differently next fight. I also think the outcome could be a win for either fighter. As much as the WMMA haters on here are constantly bashing, I am definitely watching this fight.

I actually think winning the last fight will be a huge factor for Rose. Joanna losing,(as the bully type going into the first fight) is going to have some confidence problems, and Rose is gonna be loose. Add in that Rose is young and pretty modest.... Look for her to be a LOT better fighter when this fight happens.

I actually think winning the last fight will be a huge factor for Rose. Joanna losing,(as the bully type going into the first fight) is going to have some confidence problems, and Rose is gonna be loose. Add in that Rose is young and pretty modest.... Look for her to be a LOT better fighter when this fight happens.

Most people here are too much about some broscience psychology than facts, it's all specualtion when you talk about what is inside someone's head. Better to check what actually fighters are doing and try to get info about their camps, because camps and preparations is most important thing not some prefight manufactured drama. Someone with conifdence problem won't accept fight 2 weeks before his/her oponnent.

I just hope we don't get to listen to the embarassing "boogeywoman" crap, once again.

Back