Joanna has seized the mental edge over Claudia. The obvious signs.

lena

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1. When Joanna confronted her the first time, Claudia's voice was shaking, she was so agitated.

2. Claudia seeming to dread just running into Joanna.

3. When Joanna confonted her a second time, Claudia didn't even dare step out from behind the people around her. She was displaying self-protective, fearful body language, talking back at Joanna over the shoulders of the people standing in front of her.

Some mentally fragile sherdoggers here so upset over Joanna's tactics. This is psychological warfare. You want your opponent so agitated by the sight of you that it throws them off their game. Joanna wants Claudia to be overly aggressive and not thinking straight when they fight, becuase that plays into Joanna's counterstriking.

There's a reason why Joanna's a champion. I don't think I'll ever turn pro, but I have enough fights to know fighting is as much a mental as it is a physical game. These are people who beat faces in for a living. if you don't have the stomach to handle this part of the game, then maybe golf or table tennis would be more to your liking.

I don't know, when Claudia was talking about how she whooped that ass in their back stage brawl, Joanna seemed a lil rustled to be honest.

Claudia doesn't have a big enough fanbase to troll brah. Try out the Condit fanboys. They are easily agitated

1. When Joanna confronted her the first time, Claudia's voice was shaking, she was so agitated.

2. Claudia seeming to dread just running into Joanna.

3. When Joanna confonted her a second time, Claudia didn't even dare step out from behind the people around her. She was displaying self-protective, fearful body language, talking back at Joanna over the shoulders of the people standing in front of her.

Some mentally fragile sherdoggers here so upset over Joanna's tactics. This is psychological warfare. You want your opponent so agitated by the sight of you that it throws them off their game. Joanna wants Claudia to be overly aggressive and not thinking straight when they fight, becuase that plays into Joanna's counterstriking.

There's a reason why Joanna's a champion. I don't think I'll ever turn pro, but I have enough fights to know fighting is as much a mental as it is a physical game. These are people who beat faces in for a living. if you don't have the stomach to handle this part of the game, then maybe golf or table tennis would be more to your liking.
Good points. Shame so many just want to regurgitate the hate they had with Ronda and Conor and use it to latch onto whatever they are told to hate.

Me too

It is funny, but there are parallels to RR/Tate (TUF).
Ronda came across really bad & all signs point to JJ doing so as well

Dude, I spotted it right away. Why is it that tv and a bit of fame turn people into assholes?

Dude, I spotted it right away. Why is it that tv and a bit of fame turn people into assholes?

I think they were assholes before ... we just see more of them interacting & it seeps out.

Btw, the RR/Tate TUF was still my fav time on SD

I think they were assholes before ... we just see more of them interacting & it seeps out.

Btw, the RR/Tate TUF was still my fav time on SD

Me too, it was eye opening to see Rousey's real personality come out and witness her dysfunction. Edmond's bitching out on Hallman was icing on the cake!

Me too, it was eye opening to see Rousey's real personality come out and witness her dysfunction. Edmond's bitching out on Hallman was icing on the cake!

Remember all the "Ronda is real" post & how "fake" Tate was?
Years later Miesha is exactly as cool and as fun as she was on that show & the furthest from a fake personality that UFC has.

So happy Tate will make million in July ... she deserves it

Remember all the "Ronda is real" post & how "fake" Tate was?
Years later Miesha is exactly as cool and as fun as she was on that show & the furthest from a fake personality that UFC has.

So happy Tate will make million in July ... she deserves it

Well I think Tate puts on an act too, but she's not as crazy or dysfunctional like Rousey. Tate has paid her dues, she deserves the spotlight and the money/fame associated with being champ.

Well I think Tate puts on an act too, but she's not as crazy or dysfunctional like Rousey. Tate has paid her dues, she deserves the spotlight and the money/fame associated with being champ.

Nah, I don't see any act.
She is pretty steady in how she acts.

So you guys honestly believe Joanna was rustled about a fight that never happened? Please tell me you aren't that gullible.

although i like claudia and i want her to win, I think joanna will take it. her strikes are clean and visible and will score better on the judges cards than claudias wrestling ground and pounding.

I think Gadelha's great opportunity to beat Jedrzejczyk was the 2014 fight. Now the Polish girl has had 18 months extra to train her ground game. Claudia keeps looking back to the first fight, that's a weakness, while Joanna looks ahead.

TS makes a good point about watching the body language without the sound.

When you need to go fetch props to show you are better...

You've lost the mental game.

Again, this is psychological warfare. if I were playing that game, I'd use every prop I can to needle my opponent, belt included.

Not at all. It seems to me like Joanna is trying to hard to break Claudia, maybe because she thinks she may have lost the last fight against her, while Claudia is not even budging.

If you look at all the confrontation, it is Joanna starting them. Claudia is just minding her own business and coaching. I am a bit disappointed by the way JJ is acting, Seems mentally weak.

Back