Locked Joanna Champion 3.0: TUF 23 Drama ensues

Status
Not open for further replies.

So many words in my mind to describe the champ's bedsheets.. ;-)

Last edited:
I dont mind the trash talk,honestly,but it does get cringeworthy on the show where they have to be near each other all the time.Even the good trash talkers. Its an unrealistic situation overall.

I dont mind the trash talk,honestly,but it does get cringeworthy on the show where they have to be near each other all the time.Even the good trash talkers. Its an unrealistic situation overall.
Yep sadly, I bet that's all we are going to get drama drama drama for the sherdog drama queens honestly think most of these guys watch day time soaps.

Yep sadly, I bet that's all we are going to get drama drama drama for the sherdog drama queens honestly think most of these guys watch day time soaps.

well i mean the drama is on the show,manufactured or not...its there. Sometimes it doesnt always bring out the best in people to have be on camera,and the pressure is there to get the ratings,and have a big hype around the fight. If cameras followed us around all day while we were right next to our hated enemy,its hard to look like your made of gold ehehe

I love what Joanna was doing to Claudia on the show. Notice how, when Joanna had the belt and was needling Claudia, Claudia wouldn't step out from behind the people around her. Joanna's got the mental edge.

I love this girl. So sweet in real life, so psychotic towards her opponents.

I get it, but I don't like it. I see what Joanna is like; I follow her on Twitter and watch a fair bit of interviews, which is the main reason I don't like it. I don't like fighters that "turn on the switch". I like real personalities, which is why I can be fans of fighters like GSP and Nick Diaz; completely opposite personalities, but genuine. My favorite MMA personalities are real personalities.

When Joanna gets in people's faces at weigh-ins and shoves her "item" in their face and forces them to take, it's fake, awkward and not fun to watch.

"Mind games", "showmanship", whatever you want to call it, I like real. That's what I'm a fan of. It's why I love Conor being real and talking about his dedication to the sport, but I don't like his showmanship.

And there's no double standards. SW is, without a doubt, one of my favorite divisions right now.

I think it's a mixture of genuine dislike for Claudia considering what she's said and being a bit over the top to promote the fight. Wouldn't be surprised because of how much of an animal she is in the cage if she compartmentalized very well and showed her true feelings in these exchanges but then 10 seconds later was a total sweetheart.

This is what i was talking about. Forget Claudia's words, watch her body language. She doesn't dare step out from the people around her. She's sort of protectively hiding behind their shoulders. She's shook.

This is what i was talking about. Forget Claudia's words, watch her body language. She doesn't dare step out from the people around her. She's sort of protectively hiding behind their shoulders. She's shook.
What exactly can she do? She's fought Joanna before and she's scheduled to fight her again. I highly doubt she's gotten to in any way.

There's also other professional fighters in between them that are as likely not going to back down as Joanna or Claudia.

Everybody also looks incredibly uncomfortable. You have to wonder what kind of encouragement there is behind the scenes for an altercation/argument to play out fully instead of just walking away.

Unfortunately you don't ever see the full exchanges but I think it's very telling that members from team Claudia wanted to be on team Joanna.

In on last page of another, what do the kids say these days... doozy.
3Bprm97.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately you don't ever see the full exchanges but I think it's very telling that members from team Claudia wanted to be on team Joanna.
Is that from individual interviews outside of the show or from the show itself?

I haven't seen any of that but I think it's natural to want to be paired with the champion. Just my opinion.

Here's Joanna's song to all of you newfangled haters.

"You can hate me now, but I won't stop now, cuz I can't stop now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back