JJ was in "critical condition" before UFC 217, had 16 lbs to lose, no longer with Perfectin Athletes

D3tocqueville

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Big interview with Joanna Jedrzejczyk was published today in Poland. Some cliffs:

- she had 16 lbs to cut come Thursday night before UFC 217

- was cutting weight for 14 hours and compares it to 'torture': "I was screaming. It didn't matter it was very late. The pain of putting my body back again in hot water was unimaginable. But I wanted to do it for all who wanted to see my fight"

- about Perfecting Athletes: "People I worked with led me to critical condition. I trusted them. Unfortunately they failed. And this mistake in unforgivable. I forgive them as human because that's who I am &prolly our relation will remain but I can't cooperate with such people any more."

- says it was a "miracle" that she made weight: "Now I'm just happy that I'm alive"

- will no longer live in PA flat in Florida, will try to rent something near ATT

- was promied to get a TS but if Rose decides to fight in February/March she will not fight her, she will be ready in April/May

Full interview in Polish: http://wideo.przegladsportowy.pl/wi...-o-walce-z-namajunas,wideo,834315,1,1060.html

Additional detailed translation by czitos188:

I still believe that I could win this fight. I was prepared for this fight, I spent a long 13 weeks training hard every day, I worked a lot on the ground because I knew that Rose was dangerous on the ground. I always train very hard, but with caution I listen to my body, and after moving to America I have a really great team that makes every effort to make me ready.

I do not have anything to reproach myself or my trainers, but I analyzed this whole process, because everyone who saw me on media training and in materials saw that I was perfectly prepared. What my coach said - I should have stood this battle two days earlier. Meanwhile, I had to face a very heavy weight loss and I know that it influenced the end result.

The people I worked with led me to a very critical state. Maybe it was about the physical state, because I stood up mentally for this fight. During the night from Thursday to Friday I had to face 14 hours of heavy weight loss. it was not an easy process, but one thing I did - I have to do the weight and I repeatedly told my doctor that in the morning I have to stand in the limit of 115 pounds and regardless of whether I have to dig a gorge now, or sit in a bathtub at a temperature unknown , I have to do this weight.

I was much lighter a week before the fight, and then the weight suddenly jumped, which my dietitian and doctor were unable to reduce.

During the night from Thursday to Friday I had to lose 7.5 kg. It's a lot. I am happy now that I am functioning and living at all, because I hear many times about fighters who have become unfavorable in health or died. I value my life too much to repeat such a thing.

It was a miracle. All the time, during these 14 hours, I prayed for it to work out, and finally, 5 minutes before 11am New York time I stood at the limit of 115 pounds.

Theoretically, it was impossible to do. When I entered the bathtub 10 times, I thought it would be a shame that the champion at 6 defense would not fit in the limit. That's why I wanted to do it primarily for my team and fans.

On the second day, when I tried to put on a sock, I felt a terrible tingle in my legs and I understood that something was wrong with my body. I was already thinking in the fight, and my body began to refuse to obey me. My nervous system has not recovered, which has also affected my head and brain. I honestly say that the blows of Rose Namajunas were not strong. I faced stronger opponents, but I can not defend myself here. In sport, it's about competition, and I was not a competitor to Rose tonight.

Later in the interview, Joanna Jędrzejczyk announced that despite the desire to maintain good private relations with a dietitian and doctor, she does not intend to continue cooperation with them and adheres to other athletes to take care of their health.

You can add this to the first post

Last edited:
Well she was able to lose 12lbs of gold in less than 5 minutes when she tapped to strikes.

She was a champion, weight cutting shouldn't be an issue.

Well she was able to lose 12lbs of gold in less than 5 minutes when she tapped to strikes.
QONVIyz.gif

Does she explain that stupid boogeywoman thing she had going on?

- about Perfecting Athletes: "People I worked with led me to critical condition. I trusted them. Unfortunately they failed. And this mistake in unforgivable. I forgive them as human because that's who I am &prolly our relation will remain but I can't cooperate with such people any more.

surprising!

She got her ass whooped, it was too easy for the thug. That Jimmy Hill chin was destroyed.

Critical Condition you're damn right she was.

Last edited:
Here come the excuses

Her weak chin has been exposed in several fights now. Only girl I've seen hurt in multiple fights (3 ffs) by 115 lb women

Im pretty sure if she was in critical condition the fight would have been cancelled

She was on top of the division, now everytime she opens her mouth its so cringey

She said she had the best cut of her career before the fight.

She was either lying then or she's lying now. Either way, she should be at 125, imo. She looks awful on the scales.

I see. So it was their fault, it was an accident ... not that she was cocky as shit and got her ass whooped.

Other symptoms include being a bragadocious twat and underestimating your opponent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back