Jiu Jitsu in movies

I think they had Rickson Gracie as the technical advisor for the JJ scene.

I wouldn't be surprised. One of the lines I remembered best was with his son saying "I'll only let you take my arm when I want you to take it" right when he offers his arm for an armbar.

I also seem to remember a scene in Blade: Trinity where Ryan Reynolds hits an armbar -> omoplata transition in a fight scene (that ends up failing because the guy he pulls it off on rolls out of it), but I might be thinking of a different movie.

IIRC
he armbars a vampire and breaks his arm then the vampire stands up, laughs and pops his bones back into place

There is a Japanese movie called Tokyo Zombie that's about a couple of guys who fight zombies with BJJ. It's pretty funny its on netflix instant watch you should watch it if you have netflix.

It's not a movie but in dexter he RNC ppl a couple of times a season although they are really bad and the people stay out for hours lol.

scaled.php

Love this movie.

Watching Gangs of New York right now and just saw Leo hit a RNC during the scene where he fist fights the little bald dude. He did it all wrong though, crossing his andkles in front of the guys legs

I just found this clip of Steven Seagal fighting John Machado in Under Siege 2.

First he defeated John Machado. Next it was Randy Couture. Then his own wife and Mr. Perfect.

After that he showed a little of his deadly stuff to a couple of tomato cans named Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida so they could finally end a fight.

I'm thinking Bones better watch his back.

Mel Gibson chokes out Gary Busey with sloppy triangle in Lethal Weapon

This was the first thing that popped into my mind, and the first time I can recall seeing BJJ in a modern American movie...

Watching Gangs of New York right now and just saw Leo hit a RNC during the scene where he fist fights the little bald dude. He did it all wrong though, crossing his andkles in front of the guys legs

He's also using a wrist or finger grip, if I remember right, instead of hugging the head...

Back