Jiu Jitsu in movies

Mel Gibson chokes out Gary Busey with sloppy triangle in Lethal Weapon

i recall Doakes asking why Dexter decided to take courses in college in "advanced jiu jitsu" whatever the fuck that is, exactly

i assumed purple belt+

In spartacus, i wana say gods of the arena, i think gannicus flying triangles somebody even tho he has a blindfold on.

Shawna Lenee did a scene in a BJJ gym. she wore a gi & so on. pretty sure Belladonna did a scene like that too

I posted this in another thread bc I couldn't find this one, but in the original cape fear the bad guy is choking his lawyer with a rnc.

In Ong Bak 2 Tony Jaa is going through his trials to become warrior prince or whatever the hell it was and armbars a dude. I believe he then kicks him in the face after he taps but I could be wrong

That movie the Machado brothers made has to have the most bjj!They lost serious money(their own) on that movie but it is entertaining!:rolleyes:

Yeah, great movie. Seeing a dude armbar and heelhooking zombies was quite something.

I just finished a few minutes of it. It's funny, but incredibly stupid. I guess it's meant to be though. I couldn't do it, so I turned it back to Burn Notice.

That movie the Machado brothers made has to have the most bjj!They lost serious money(their own) on that movie but it is entertaining!:rolleyes:

Do you mean Redbelt? Man, I wanted to like that movie. Just wasn't that good.

redbelt was kinda lame.... Enson Inoue was on it! haha

There are 3 that come to mind:

There's a triangle choke and a standing arm-triangle that Robert Downey, Jr. uses in the latest Sherlock Holmes.

There's also a scene in Elite Squad: The Enemy Within where a father and son roll for a while, with the gi and everything. To be fair, it is a Brazilian movie.

I also seem to remember a scene in Blade: Trinity where Ryan Reynolds hits an armbar -> omoplata transition in a fight scene (that ends up failing because the guy he pulls it off on rolls out of it), but I might be thinking of a different movie.

If I recall Bruce's Lee Enter the Dragon had a scene in the begining where he fights a guy and does an arm bar & the guy taps. I can't seem to find the clip of that. But that is one of the earliest films I recall using jiujitsu. In Bruces Lee's film Chinese Connection he fights a guy who does an armbar on him and Bruces only escape is to bite his leg.

I'm claiming Judo on this one.

It was known that Bruce trained with Gene Lebell.

There's also a scene in Elite Squad: The Enemy Within where a father and son roll for a while, with the gi and everything. To be fair, it is a Brazilian movie.

Just finished watching it. Pretty damn good and also if you notice near the end he has the guy against the car with a standing cross collar choke.

Just finished watching it. Pretty damn good and also if you notice near the end he has the guy against the car with a standing cross collar choke.

I think they had Rickson Gracie as the technical advisor for the JJ scene.

Back