Jimmy Smith Out As Bellator Color Commentator

The guaranteed money for Fedor & the co-pro with M1 was the beginning of the end for SF
Coker famously thought Fedor's expense would pay off

His biggest downfall as a promoter is that he is a mark for big names & thinks like some on here do & that what hardcore MMA fans like is what casuals want
Coker is a moron. I’ve said it from the start. He’s got a good eye for prospects but he’s a sucker for anyone who was once in the UFC. Doesn’t know how to build a prospect without either feeding them to the wolves too early, or giving them nonstop cans.

You’re not taking into account international expansion. Bellator gets paid and makes money from international tv deals and tv revenue from all these countries. I think they are expanding their revenue streams so there should be no cause for concern. I bet they’re doing fine.

I take everything in account ;)

I expect Viacom to want to unload Bellator in the next year or two.

View attachment 317667

Couldn't find a good font for Bellator's name so in light of their failures I replaced their font with comic sans.

All depends on the way The Paramount Network falls into place
They are putting a big effort behind it
That is good 7 bad

Good: Bigger potential exposure if the network grows
Bad: Bellator will be under a microscope

Agreed he always does this. The funny thing is it's the home grown guys he has that always brings me in when I tend to ignore other promotions. I could careless about some fighter who was in the UFC and now he's in Bellator.

Plus lets not forget paying prelim guys $1-2k & making them sell tickets

This whole "Coker treats fighters better" mantra is BS
Tell that to a fighter that basically pays to be on a card owned by Viacom

Coker is as bad as DW, he just hides it better

Plus lets not forget paying prelim guys $1-2k & making them sell tickets

This whole "Coker treats fighters better" mantra is BS
Tell that to a fighter that basically pays to be on a card owned by Viacom

Coker is as bad as DW, he just hides it better

I wouldn't even say Coker hides it better. He just has the benefit of being able to hide behind the UFC's popularity and letting them take the hit for fighter pay being shit. If Bellator was #1 they would be getting all the shit about fighter pay.

Does he know BJJ? I've missed hearing someone who knows what the fuck is going on when it comes to BJJ. Tired of listening to Cormiers nonsense, "He's getting his base!".
Umm... yes he has extremely good BJJ commentary. Although, Rogan's BJJ commentary is awful. He gets excited about guys getting the mount with 5 seconds left in the round.

I still tresure Jimmy Smiths and Sean Wheelock's daily Sakuraba references on the Bellator undercard.

Really liked Jimmy. It's a sad thing to see him go. More of the classic Bellator-era getting unraveled.

Umm... yes he has extremely good BJJ commentary. Although, Rogan's BJJ commentary is awful. He gets excited about guys getting the mount with 5 seconds left in the round.

I'm less concerned about someone getting excited about mount and more interested in listening to someone who can describe properly what's happening on the ground.

Some say jimmy smith sexually harassed someone? That's y he's out of bellator as a commentator. True or false?

well, this news certainly sucks ass.
i liked jimmy, thought he was a great commentator and he was there from the beginning.

Dont get letting him go but it is easier to get a new color commentator than a PBP guy.

Look at DC, Felder, Stann, Cruz, Bellator has Randy and Sonnen who can do it.

Much easier to find new color guys than a great PBP.

Still though dont get why you let him go.

I think Frankie hit the nail on the head.

Spending a lot of money this year on Goldie and Mauro probably made it unfeasible to resign/keep Smith.

Last edited:
Awful. Jimmy is excellent and it won’t be the same watching Bellator without him.

It’s gonna be Frank Shamrock I bet. Maybe Pat as well. You know Coker has wanted to put the old SF crew together
I love Frank Shamrock but man he is horrible!! I don't mind Sonnen, Mir, or even Bonnar.

And before anybody says anything, NO BAS RUTTEN!!!!!

Just when you think Bellator can't sink any lower, they one-up themselves!

Hey ONE, you have a chance to replace Mitch Chilson.

Just saying.

Fuck of, Viacom. Seriously.

Unless, of course, Jimmy has something personal going on that he has to leave. In which case, okay.

Otherwise, fuck Viacom.

Back