Jimmy Fallon attacking Trump for not adressing racism soon enough against blacks at Charlottesville

We as in Americans as a society and in our legal system. Are you really going to pretend like you're too dense to understand my point?
You have too much white guilt. Just go out and treat everyone the way you would want to be treated. Be a blessing to others whether they are red, yellow black or white. You can't control what people did 150+ years ago.

I don't remember Fallon doing this when Black Lives Matter killed 5 cops in Dallas.
To be fair, this is the first time he's ever been political on the show. He got a lot of shit for treating Trump like he would treat any other guest. I think he's a good guy who tries to be fair to everyone, but he saw something he thought was wrong and he spoke up. Good for him, I just hope the far left doesn't start pressuring him into regurgitating their talking points and tries to turn him into a political comedian.

We as in Americans as a society and in our legal system. Are you really going to pretend like you're too dense to understand my point?
I'm part of this society and I don't. You're part of this society and you don't. Again, you're the one lumping everyone in together. You don't speak for me and it sounds like you don't even speak for yourself in this scenario so what's with the "we"?

BLM has never killed anyone.

The guy who shot those cops was not affiliated with BLM, he was at the protest but not a member.

He was former military and former black panther party member ( he was kicked out of the black panthers before the incident)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/07/08/dallas-shooter-identified-micah-johnson-25

Get your facts straight.
So you're telling me he was with them and protested at events but was not a member? I wonder what strict requirements are in place to become a member then? So maybe when the BLM were chanting kill cops....that had nothing to do with it!

They've always done this. Even guys like Conan, Leno, and Ferguson who never really talked about politics would take a moment during opening monologues to make a serious statement about major, tragic events.

Yes n they would stay neutral (for the most part) on the issue.

They would make fun of w, like they did of Clinton before him.

It wasn't very politicized or it didn't appear so overtly.

Everything change with Obama. He was the 2nd coming of Christ n pretty much untouchable in talk show world.

Now with trump all those talk show hosts became the extension of CNN/MSNBC left wing propaganda.

You have too much white guilt. Just go out and treat everyone the way you would want to be treated. Be a blessing to others whether they are red, yellow black or white. You can't control what people did 150+ years ago.

I have no white guilt at all. Recognizing the facts aren't the same as self hatred.

I'm part of this society and I don't. You're part of this society and you don't. Again, you're the one lumping everyone in together. You don't speak for me and it sounds like you don't even speak for yourself in this scenario so what's with the "we"?

We is a generalization of Americans through our entire history. Clearly not everyone is going to have equal blame in what happened. We, as Americans, treated blacks like complete shit for hundreds of years. There's still people alive today who suffered under it.

Maybe you've forgotten the US Constitution and the first few words there.

As much as dice makes himself look like a clown, it's still a good compilation

@1:08, 17 years ago.

There's a longer compilation out there too, I think over 10 minutes long.

Problem is the Never Trumpers on the liberal side and conservative side either despise Trump so much they won't even watch the video due to the possible inconvenience of the truth, or will willingly ignore the video and audio proof in order to perpetuate the lies.

Go figure the racial group that we treated like complete dog shit for a few hundred years (with parents and grandparents still alive who suffered through it) isn't as peaceful as the whites.

What about the Jews?

That is debated.

And BLM definitely communicates the message of killing the cops.

It is not debated. There is no evidence or police report indicating he was a part of blm.

Sorry but your boogeyman doesnt exist.

About BLM...
Advocating and actually killing are 2 different things. If we go by guilty of advocating, then everyone is guilry...the entire unite the right is guilty of not only killing but also planning to run over people from the beginning.

So you're telling me he was with them and protested at events but was not a member? I wonder what strict requirements are in place to become a member then? So maybe when the BLM were chanting kill cops....that had nothing to do with it!
Everyone who shows up to a protest or any event isnt a member of the organisation that hosts it.

Most people are supporters.

To this day, it boggles my mind that he got the gig in the first place. Some 3rd rate SNL bum, is one of the most famous men in America and hosts The Tonight Show. What the hell happened? Back in the day, I would've given him the same odds to become host of The Tonight Show, as I would Chris Kattan.
IIRC, Conan getting Leno'd was what happened

giphy.gif

And in reality
melgibson12.jpg

What about the Jews?

The Jews, Irish, and several other minority groups have been relatively unpopular and mistreated in American history. I wouldn't say their mistreatment was anywhere near as severe or as long-lasting as what happened to blacks.

That did happen, but Leno took the show back over for a few years, not Fallon. Fallon kind of came out of nowhere to be the permanent replacement for Leno.

How many times did Obama address the knockout game (as promoted on World Star Hip Hop) usually against whites and Asians which also resulted in several deaths?

"..This is one of the latest instances of “Knockout,” a “game” of evidently increasing popularity. Young people — sometimes female but usually male, predominantly black, in their teens to early 20s, in groups or alone — approach unsuspecting strangers and punch them in the head as hard as possible with the intention to knock them unconscious with a single blow. Sometimes the aggressors will rob the victim, but usually violence itself is the purpose of the attack. Some of the attackers have even recorded videos of their exploits..."

"..In all, incidents of “Knockout” have been reported in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Missouri, the District of Columbia, and now California. Most of the victims have been whites and Asians, and attackers tend to target Jews, immigrants, and the elderly in particular. Most of the attackers have been African American..."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/364579/history-knockout-alec-torres

I'd like to see polling on what people think about Trump and the condemnation and if it actually hurt him.
I'm curious as well. Personally, I think it did, and it certainly hurt him somewhat with me. I just don't think it was a hard thing to do and there wasn't some really difficult principle to articulate and yet he struggled with it. One of the versions of his statement seemed pretty good to me but it was like 4 days late.

This. I highly recommend to the forum:

COBCS_film_poster_3.jpg

Nevertheless, Fallon was just killing it in 2015 and 2016. The hate is not deserved. He's been doing a great job-- especially for those who like late-night comedy shows to keep it light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back