Jimi Manuwa, volkan oezdemir, Alexander Gustaffson, Shogun Rua how would you match up these LHW?

J

JollyRants

upload_2017-5-29_17-34-20.pngWhats next for the LHW division ? How would you match these 4 LHW up next ? What matchups would you set up in this semi LHW tornament to fight Jones/Cormier winner ?​

Last edited by a moderator:
Manuwa, Volkan and Gustafsson vs Shogun in a handicap match.

Gus gets winner of DC/Jones. Manuwa can be Saki's first UFC fight. Shogun vs. Oezdemir.

Jimi vs Shogun
Gus vs Oezdemir

Orr just Jimi vs Volkan and Gus gets the title shot. Shogun could fight Cirkunov.

Gus title shot
Manuwa/Volkan
Shogun/OSP 2

Manuwa vs Oezdemir N°1 contender (yes, Oezdemir can fight for a UFC title beeing 3-0 with the promotion, thanks to Scott Coker
Gus vs DC/Jones winner (obvious thing)
Shogun vs Antigulov
Cirkunov vs Anderson

I'm not sold on Volkan. Dude somehow got ranked 5 with one controversial win. He's lose to Manuwa and Gustaffson and Shogun should win but he has a chance. Gus trains with Manuwa and he's fought Shogun so Shogun vs Manuwa and Gus vs Volkan

And also Shogun vs. Manuwa should be an interesting match-up

And also Shogun vs. Manuwa should be an interesting match-up
They are teammates now and prob wouldn't fight unless a belt is on the line.
I'd like to see it just to see how a non green Jimi would handle himself this time.
First fight he got poked in the eye and seemed overwhelmed by the spotlight.

Shogun fans holding on for dear life that's how.

not really, it's sort of sad but, LHW sucks. There's no other options, Shogun is on a 3 fight winning streak, he should probably be facing a guy somewhere close to the top 5 in rankings. If anyone else at LHW has winning streaks like that, they're in the top 5 already or close to it lol. Other divisions you can be 5-0 in your last 5 and not even be in top 15.

Shogun LHW champ 2018 believe it fellas

Manuwa vs Volkan (if Jimi wins then title shot)
Gus vs Jones/DC winner
Shogun vs Glover (then shitle tot after Jimi if he beats Volkan)

Obviously gus next in line for DC /Jones winner.
I think volkan v manuwa is next, but I don't think it should guarantee either of the them the following next title shot. Jimi has gone 2-2, and volkan hasn't fought enough in the UFC.
Shogun vs Misha, again not for a TS though.
It's a tough call as to who deserves a TS after the big three work out their rankings. Hopefully volkan or manuwa have a brilliant showing and earn some more credit in their outing

I love Shogun too much to see him get slept by Manuwa but logically speaking, that is the fight to make.

Back