Jimi Manuwa OUT, Eryk Anders IN against Thiago Santos at the UFN 137 Sao Paulo Main Event

Who you got? Eryk Anders or Thiago Santos?

• Total voters
That main card is going to be torture. Sam Alvey and the corpse of lil nog<6>Barao<6> The usual FS1 pacing <6>

But man, to go from Tex vs Manuwa to Manuwa vs Santos to Santos vs Anders is just such a bummer.
Thanks for clearing that up

Whoa, that's surprising. Moving the fight to LHW makes sense though, why force him to cut that much weight in 5 days plus flying to Brazil.

Here's the card now:

Fox Sports 1:
LHW: Eryk Anders vs. Thiago Santos
WW: Alex Oliveira vs. Carlo Pedersoli Jr.
LHW: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Sam Alvey
BW: Renan Barao vs. Andre Ewell
WSW: Randa Markos vs. Marina Rodriguez

Fox Sports 2:
LW: Charles Oliveira vs. Christos Giagos
LW: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Evan Dunham
LHW: Luis Henrique vs. Ryan Spann
HW: Augusto Sakai vs. Chase Sherman

Fight Pass:
WW: Sergio Moraes vs. Ben Saunders
WFLW: Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Gillian Robertson
MW: Thales Leites vs. Hector Lombard
WW: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Luigi Vendramini
WSW: Livia Renata Souza vs. Alex Chambers

Good card if you're a fan of Brazilian fighters like I am

Good card if you're a fan of Brazilian fighters like I am
I read it over again and it's actually a really solid card. I'm surprised how there's been basically zero fanfare about it. An MMAjunkie article I saw tonight said something about how it'd be a stretch for someone to even identify the co-main on that card, and they have a point. Even so, there are a lot of name fighters on it like both Oliveiras, Little Nog, Barao, Randa, Dunham, Leites. Dang.

props for Anders for taking this fight though but the guy has not looked good in his last two fights...not expecting much from him anymore.

Mad kudos to anders for taking a 205lb 5 round fight on 5 days notice against a killer like Santos

Fuck that sucks. Santos vs Manuwa was a battle of the glass cannons and a guaranteed knockout.
Yeah two knockout artist with suspect chins (especially Jimi) I think Santos has a harder matchup now with Eryk and that damn chin of his lol plus if Santos had beaten Jimi he would of superseded Anthony Smith by having beaten him and defeating a more relevant fighter than the broken shell of Rahad/Shogun.

Whoa, that's surprising. Moving the fight to LHW makes sense though, why force him to cut that much weight in 5 days plus flying to Brazil.

Here's the card now:

Fox Sports 1:
LHW: Eryk Anders vs. Thiago Santos
WW: Alex Oliveira vs. Carlo Pedersoli Jr.
LHW: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Sam Alvey
BW: Renan Barao vs. Andre Ewell
WSW: Randa Markos vs. Marina Rodriguez

Fox Sports 2:
LW: Charles Oliveira vs. Christos Giagos
LW: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Evan Dunham
LHW: Luis Henrique vs. Ryan Spann
HW: Augusto Sakai vs. Chase Sherman

Fight Pass:
WW: Sergio Moraes vs. Ben Saunders
WFLW: Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Gillian Robertson
MW: Thales Leites vs. Hector Lombard
WW: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Luigi Vendramini
WSW: Livia Renata Souza vs. Alex Chambers

Santos was gonna fight Jimmi at LHW anyways so Anders don’t have to cut it’ll be a good banger main tho

I'd rather watch Bum Fights 3.

A decent replacement under the circumstances, but this card is hot garbage overall.

Leites vs Lombard is on fightpass?

Damn, how the mighty have fallen

Wasn’t impressed with Anders before his last fight and he looked less than mediocre his last fight against a complete can. For a guy that’s supposed strength is athleticism and touted as an “A level athlete” he sure lacks speed, explosiveness and he’s heavy/flat footed.

Santos is gonna look like the much more athletic guy when he wins via explosive KO.

I may skip this card. Damn. This event really fell apart. Only fight that intrigues me is Moraes x Killa B.

Really sucks, this was a decent little fight night card. Really wanted to see how Muhammad would perform against a dynamic fighter in Dos Santos. Main event was a guaranteed KO. Still has the potential to be, but that was just a violent match up. Shoeface taking one of Ring Boys limbs would've been fun too. Lombard x Leites could be fun.

Back