Jimi Manuwa OUT, Eryk Anders IN against Thiago Santos at the UFN 137 Sao Paulo Main Event

Who you got? Eryk Anders or Thiago Santos?

• Total voters

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score

Card is cursed.

Whoa, that's surprising. Moving the fight to LHW makes sense though, why force him to cut that much weight in 5 days plus flying to Brazil.

Here's the card now:

Fox Sports 1:
LHW: Eryk Anders vs. Thiago Santos
WW: Alex Oliveira vs. Carlo Pedersoli Jr.
LHW: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Sam Alvey
BW: Renan Barao vs. Andre Ewell
WSW: Randa Markos vs. Marina Rodriguez

Fox Sports 2:
LW: Charles Oliveira vs. Christos Giagos
LW: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Evan Dunham
LHW: Luis Henrique vs. Ryan Spann
HW: Augusto Sakai vs. Chase Sherman

Fight Pass:
WW: Sergio Moraes vs. Ben Saunders
WFLW: Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Gillian Robertson
MW: Thales Leites vs. Hector Lombard
WW: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Luigi Vendramini
WSW: Livia Renata Souza vs. Alex Chambers

Last edited:
Damn. I actually like this fight better. Maybe not as a main event but it is what it is. I'll watch and enjoy.

Wonder why Manuwa pulled out. I was very excited for the match up. Anders is not a bad replacement.

Still picking Santos

After he wins let him destroy Anthony Smith again

57HJL8u.gif

I know this is a short notice fight so it is what it is but the original fight with Manuwa is an absolute disgrace for a main event in 2018. The recent string of cards from August to October has been terrible

But man, to go from Tex vs Manuwa to Manuwa vs Santos to Santos vs Anders is just such a bummer.

Anders has some stones for stepping in on that short of notice.

I mean, I’m not gonna lie, that main event is going to be violent as hell, and is easily a contender for FOTN..but having 2 MW’s fight at LHW kinda lowers the stakes in my mind.

I get why they’re doing it at LHW though

Whoa, that's surprising. Moving the fight to LHW makes sense though, why force him to cut that much weight in 5 days plus flying to Brazil.

Here's the card now:

Fox Sports 1:
LHW: Eryk Anders vs. Thiago Santos
WW: Alex Oliveira vs. Carlo Pedersoli Jr.
LHW: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Sam Alvey
BW: Renan Barao vs. Andre Ewell
WSW: Randa Markos vs. Marina Rodriguez

Fox Sports 2:
LW: Charles Oliveira vs. Christos Giagos
LW: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Evan Dunham
LHW: Luis Henrique vs. Ryan Spann
HW: Augusto Sakai vs. Chase Sherman

Fight Pass:
WW: Sergio Moraes vs. Ben Saunders
WFLW: Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Gillian Robertson
MW: Thales Leites vs. Hector Lombard
WW: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Luigi Vendramini
WSW: Livia Renata Souza vs. Alex Chambers

wasn't this at 205lbs to begin with?

can't see manuwa cutting to mw

The Manuwa fight was LHW,Santos took it when Glover (iirc) got injured.Man Santos is kind of like Anthony Johnson,way too big for WW when he fought there and will fit fine at LHW,not that he's staying there but he could physically.Manuwa is such an inactive fighter despite only pulling out of 3 or so fights.

Damn that FP prelim better than the whole card aside from Brazilian cowboy fight lol

If Anders can survive the early blitz he may have a chance. He’s a naturally counter striker and Santos is aggressive enough for openings. Santos looked like shit against that undersized WW he fought recently despite dominating

Fuck that sucks. Santos vs Manuwa was a battle of the glass cannons and a guaranteed knockout.

Back