Jimi Manuwa issues statement on injury, UFC Sao Paulo withdrawal

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

• pb1_I'm truly gutted. The day after I landed in Brazil I went for my last hard training session. During that session of sprints I tore my hamstring, and after getting it assessed in hospital, doctors diagnosed it as a severe tear greater than 50%. They told me it will be a minimum of 6 weeks recovery time.
    Ill be working hard everyday to get back so I can continue to put on great fights for everyone to watch. I was 100% ready and looking forward to putting on a great show for the fans in São Paulo and around the world . I made a lot of sacrifices and even missed my daughter's 10th birthday. I'm sorry Havana, I love you, Daddy is on his way home.
    I want to thank everyone of you for the love and support you have sent my way. Without all of you none of this is possible. I can't wait to come back and put on a show for you all. Lions eat first

Sprint training a week before a fight. What could possibly go wrong.

That is so absurd. Why don’t you max out on your deadlift a week before the fight too. Seems like a good idea

Tough break for chinny Jimmy. He'll be back tho.
Always entertaining to watch

This is because of that smug commercial he was in during UFC Russia "because I'm Jimi Manuwa"......yeah I bet you are lol

He was getting knocked out anyway.

Hamstring injuries suck. Too bad he had to miss his daughters' birthday. That comes with the territory though.

The first responses are a bit confusing - do you want these guys to live in a fkn bubble before the fight or something?

If it was a cut from hard sparring, well, that would make sense to scrutinize; however, running before a fight, especially to make weight is pretty commonplace. I think a lot of you bitch just to for the sake of saying something.

That being said, hamstrings generally shouldn't just tear while running - even if it's sprinting with a long stride. Guy probably had some underlying issue as most competitors do and that was just the last straw. Unfortunate timing for sure and a good reminder to everyone that while nagging pains are going to remain a staple of training for combat, addressing those issues before they manifest in a fight cancellation is awfully important.

Havana?

these new kid's names are gonna make me blow my brains out

everybody is Jaxson, Bella, Sofia, Hunter, Aiden, Hayden, Braden, Jayden, Braxton, Paxton, Emma, Ava, Harrison...

we like to think outside the box, and make the world a more interesting place by naming our poor kid Ashton

GlitteringDistinctFlamingo.gif

Havana?

these new kid's names are gonna make me blow my brains out

everybody is Jaxson, Bella, Sofia, Hunter, Aiden, Hayden, Braden, Jayden, Braxton, Paxton, Emma, Ava, Harrison...

we like to think outside the box, and make the world a more interesting place by naming our poor kid Ashton

GlitteringDistinctFlamingo.gif
What's your name?

I know we all love Jimi and wish him a speedy recovery.. Good luck to the bloke.

It's really a shame for that to happen. Dude has some bad luck. Hope he gets back soon.

Tony

what- did you name your kid Tahiti or Paisleigh?

I'm not mad, btw- mostly kidding
Nah but I had a hunch you had some super boring generic name that you could find 50 of in any school and was right lol

• pb1_I'm truly gutted. The day after I landed in Brazil I went for my last hard training session. During that session of sprints I tore my hamstring, and after getting it assessed in hospital, doctors diagnosed it as a severe tear greater than 50%. They told me it will be a minimum of 6 weeks recovery time.
    Ill be working hard everyday to get back so I can continue to put on great fights for everyone to watch. I was 100% ready and looking forward to putting on a great show for the fans in São Paulo and around the world . I made a lot of sacrifices and even missed my daughter's 10th birthday. I'm sorry Havana, I love you, Daddy is on his way home.
    I want to thank everyone of you for the love and support you have sent my way. Without all of you none of this is possible. I can't wait to come back and put on a show for you all. Lions eat first

Dang!
Sad to hear the news. He invariably brings the firework....

Life of a fighter is always subject to injuries and this is where they push the hardest (despite being the weakest point while weight cutting)...

Sucks.

Nah but I had a hunch you had some super boring generic name that you could find 50 of in any school and was right lol
way better than something lame that you'll have to spell out for people for the rest of your life

wtf is your name then, you god among men?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back