Jim Cornette on Lucha Underground: "The most heinous horsesh*t that i have ever seen in my life"

Lucha Underground is dead and finished. No more tapings at 100 episodes despite huge financial backing and huge production values.

SMW got four years, 170 episodes on a shoestring budget.

OVW is still around and created 60 dudes who got to the main roster.

I've watched the whole run actually
Its entertaining but its far from groundbreaking
Just because some Corny marks are preaching to other Corny marks that everything he does is touched by the hands of God doesnt make it so

The rassling is traditional. The production values are nonexistent. The plotting, scripting and pushing the boundaries are groundbreaking except for the old basic rule: rassling is about two dudes who dislike each other and want to fight.

SMW got four years, 170 episodes on a shoestring budget.
And then it went outta business cause it wasnt making money which is what I originally said and for some reason that launched you into this angry rant about Paul Heyman and Lucha Underground and who knows what else
Does it hurt your feelings that I told the truth or something?
I know you Corny marks cant handle that sometimes, I gotta deal with that shit every day in the 6:05 Facebook group

lol @ "shoestring budget" when it was backed by Rick Rubin. There's a reason Corny is stuck living in the middle of nowhere in some POS flyover state.

@warriorscomeout if you wanna read some great behind the scenes stuff about SMW I highly recommend finding a very hard to find book called Incredibly Strange by JR Benson
He was one of the few people that actually paid to go to SMW Fan Week and he has some awesome tales about life on the road in SMW
Really worth reading for any SMW fan

Guys who Jim Cornette proclaimed to be "The Future of the Business"...
Matt Morgan
Simon Dean
One of the Bashem Brothers
Maybe we should stop asking him about anything not 1986 related.

35 years in the business, 30 working for nwa, WCW, WWE, SMW, OVW, TNA and ROH, not strange he's left a company or six. Same as Ross, Heyman and Hogan.

35 years in the business, 30 working for nwa, WCW, WWE, SMW, OVW, TNA and ROH, not strange he's left a company or six. Same as Ross, Heyman and Hogan.
By left do you mean got fired?
Twice for Vince Russo and once for an office assistant named Greg
LoooooooooooL

Back