Jim Cornette on Lucha Underground: "The most heinous horsesh*t that i have ever seen in my life"

What do Marty McFly and Jim Cornette have in common?

They're both trying to get back to 1985.

85' was a great year though, that was the year my dad had unprotected sex with my mom. Great fucking year

wpeQac.gif

as much as I like Cornette he's trapped in the 80's for his rasslin' opinions.. and not even the good stuff in the 80's. A lot of Smoky Mountain was fucking terrible.
I watched at least a dozen episodes of Smokey Mountain on Youtube and I have to say "Hollywood" Bob Holly was somehow worse than Sparky Plug. No wonder he had a bully complex with those two gimmicks....

Jim cornette has booked and drew money his entire career.

He's not a one and done guy. One show where you make money and then go onto something else. He draws money for weeks or months leading to A big show.

He's not right about everything but on most things wrestling he's spot on

Jim cornette has booked and drew money his entire career.

He's not a one and done guy. One show where you make money and then go onto something else. He draws money for weeks or months leading to A big show.

He's not right about everything but on most things wrestling he's spot on

i like him, except he has the perhaps predictable political understandings of a spoiled rich kid.

i like him, except he has the perhaps predictable political understandings of a spoiled rich kid.

His political leanings are an anomaly for the places he's spent most of his time in. Down south. Deep South also

Except for when his company went outta business cause it wasnt making money<Lmaoo><45>

What company do you mean? Smokey mountain?

His act was some of the biggest in the nwa though. Espeucslly jim Crockett promotions

Except for when his company went outta business cause it wasnt making money<Lmaoo><45>
And when he got demoted and then fired from WWE.
And when he got fired from TNA.
And when he got fired from ROH.

He paid everybody and didn't go bankrupt unlike Paul Heyman.

Another year and the wrestling boom would have started. Laugh at SMW but it was groundbreaking. It did ECW and did it better.

He's been on national and regional tv for the last 30 of 35 years.

He paid everybody and didn't go bankrupt unlike Paul Heyman.

Another year and the wrestling boom would have started. Laugh at SMW but it was groundbreaking. It did ECW and did it better.

He's been on national and regional tv for the last 30 of 35 years.
Groundbreaking?
Looooooool
Educate yourself kid, it was a paint by numbers southern territory
All the big angles were lifted from earlier territories, mostly Memphis
Just because you people that found rasslin in the 90's think it was revolutionary doesnt make it true
Not sure why you're bringing up Heyman since my post had nothing to do withthat clown and his trash promotion

Watch SMW.

In particular watch New Jack on SMW. Then watch him doing that shit as a repeat on ECW. And if you watch enough SMW then you'll see how groundbreaking it was in wrestling while following the same old formula - dudes with a grievance against each other. The video work wasn't early MTV bullshit but it didn't have to be. Episode after episode he pushes the boundaries like his car getting trashed IRL with a pipe to the back window while he drives away. All the shit that ECW ripped off and then WWE ripped off for the AE.

Watch a generation of future stars go through SMW and OVW.

Groundbreaking?
Looooooool
Educate yourself kid, it was a paint by numbers southern territory
All the big angles were lifted from earlier territories, mostly Memphis
Just because you people that found rasslin in the 90's think it was revolutionary doesnt make it true
Not sure why you're bringing up Heyman since my post had nothing to do withthat clown and his trash promotion

You haven't watched shit from SMW Pliny as your post makes obvious. Now shut up and watch some SMW and listen to the BTT podcast.

That's your typical NWA promo from 1985. Classic ain't it.

NWA it is but not National Wrestling Association.

Last edited:
You haven't watched shit from SMW Pliny as your post makes obvious. Now shut up and watch some SMW and listen to the BTT podcast.

I've watched the whole run actually
Its entertaining but its far from groundbreaking
Just because some Corny marks are preaching to other Corny marks that everything he does is touched by the hands of God doesnt make it so

Back