Jim Carrey Will Play Doctor Robotnik In The SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Movie, poster revealed Dec 10th

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
161770.jpg

According to Deadline, Sonic's nemesis will be played by Jim Carrey, and although the film will be a mix of live-action and CGI, the versatile actor is expected to play Eggman without the use of any additional FX.

Plot details are sparse, but we so know that the Sega video game adaptation will see the super-fast Erinaceinae attempting to "stop Dr. Eggman from completing his plans for world domination." No big surprises there.

The movie will be helmed by first-time feature director Jeff Fowler, who is known for the 2005 Oscar-nominated short Gopher Broke. Neal H. Moritz will produce, with Deadpool director Tim Miller on board as an executive producer along with Toby Ascher.

Video game movie? Check.
Series with almost no good games within the past decade? Check.
Series where the story consists basically of a nonverbal Hedgehog running from left to right? Check.
Skinny guy with longest neck in Hollywood playing round character with no neck? Checkaroo.

Blockbuster confirmed

Video game movie? Check.
Series where the story consists basically of a nonverbal Hedgehog running from left to right? Check.
Skinny guy with longest neck in Hollywood playing round character with no neck? Checkaroo.

Blockbuster confirmed

To be fair I heard they made an Angry Birds movie and had a similar reaction.

Movie ended up being something I really enjoyed and watched multiple times with the kids

omg a sonic movie?
not gonna lie, i like the idea and think it could be potentially hilarious
jim carry playing dr robotnik gives me faith
i'm in for this
hope tails is animated really cute like
i love tails :oops:

Video game movie? Check.

Blockbuster confirmed
to be fair, sonic has had a few animated series over the years, as well as has comic books (i buy them lol)
so there's plenty to work with imo

To be fair I heard they made an Angry Birds movie and had a similar reaction.

Movie ended up being something I really enjoyed and watched multiple times with the kids

Some arsehole(s) made an emoji movie....

Surprised sonic took this long to be honest.

What was Carrey's last movie? It's like he just dropped off the face of the earth .

Jim Carrey - F'ng Canadian- Enough said- Will not watch!!!!!!!!

Watching “Me, Myself, and Irene” as I type this. Carrey has really taken a turn for the worse as of late.

I would prefer Jonah Hill playing Eggman instead.

The poster for this movie has just been released.

Doesn't look promising unfortunately.

Can't wait for this. I loved sonic so much when I was younger. It's time to get back to video game movies, we can make it work this time around. The super hero shit is tired af.

if Steve Urkell ain't the voice of Sonic or the girlfriends, I ain't interested.

What was Carrey's last movie? It's like he just dropped off the face of the earth .
I bailed on this without even finishing the first episode so I can't really say if its any good or not.

Damn, Jim Carrey looks like a steaming mountain of shit these days.

Hmm I don't know. Could be fun I guess. Sonic doesn't seem interesting enough to have his own blockbuster movie.

I really want this to be good. Sonic is what got me into gaming. I'll reserve my judgement for the trailer but not a big fan of the hair on the arms

Back