Ji-Yeon Kim vs Melinda Fabian flyweight bout in Singapore!

So basically if I went to the local Planet Fitness and convince some random chick from spin class to trane UFC, she’d get signed within the next 6 months.
Considering it took Kim 4 years and 8 bouts, and took 2 years and 8 bouts, I'd say it takes just a little longer than 6 months.

Kim looks decent, but Fabian is 4-3, granted I don't remember ever seeing her fight, so she might be better than her record would lead you to believe.

Still, I expect the fight to be a clear cut decision for Kim, so I probably won't watch it.

Probably does go to decision, I agree. I think what makes this bout interesting is it's the first fight in the division that pits a TUF contestant against a non-TUF contestant. The division needs more of these bouts to properly sort out the fucked up rankings.

Ji Yeon Kim? More like Hoo De Fok?
Funny-Asians14.jpg

They cut DeAnna Bennett and kept Melinda Fabian?
Surprised me, too. I guess they see more possible upside to Melinda? Or they could have felt bad considering she was fighting on a bum knee at the time.

is this the girl who always roars in her fights?
No, that’s Chan Mi Jeon.

upload_2018-6-19_15-52-51.jpeg

Ji Yeon Kim fought Justine Kish last time out, with a shingles break out on her forehead, no less.
upload_2018-6-19_15-54-19.jpeg

Surprised me, too. I guess they see more possible upside to Melinda? Or they could have felt bad considering she was fighting on a bum knee at the time.
Most likely it was because DeAnna made their fight boring asf while Fabian was actually trying to fight

Event goes down June 23rd at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

Kim was last in action against Justine Kish, where she took a split decision win.

Fabian was last seen drawing with Deanna Bennet at the TUF finale back in December.

They are not 7.5 and up.

Surprised they didn't save this for a PPV main card.

Back