Jesus Christ! GSP Is A Great Guy

I was born and grew up on the east coast. It was too cold for me, so I moved out west. I'm pretty sure that's free will.

I think the point GSP was making is that your inability to deal with the cold was something you were born with. Thus you had no choice to move to a warmer climate. Not saying I believe in his philosophy but it was a pretty interesting part of the interview.

Dude is the definition of class, a true martial artist, Something that seems to be lacking more and more in the sport these day's, which is a shame.

GSP has always been a great guy and a superstar of MMA and he is a true great if not the GOAT.

Prime GSP was a phenom and nigh unbeatable, he would have killed Tyron Woodley AKA Josh Koscheck 2.0

Prime GSP never lost to anyone, let that sink in.
Pretty sure I watched Matt Hughes tap him out.

I am listening to him on the Joe Rogan Experience, and it is amazing how similar his philosophy of life is to mine.

He says the belt means nothing. I stated this multiple times on this board. The belt and rankings is just protection for celebrity fighters against lesser known fighters who can beat them.

He says there is no choice/free-will in life. I believe the same thing. Two people decide to have sex and you are born. You didn't choose your genetics. You didn't choose your environment. So, at exactly what point in life are you responsible and accountable for your behavior?

Definitely the least controversial GOAT contender.

https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/itf09cogdevfdcae.asp

36 months is the answer you're looking for

At around eight months of age, children perform simple actions to make things happen, notice the relationships between events, and notice the effects of others on the immediate environment.

At around 18 months of age, children combine simple actions to cause things to happen or change the way they interact with objects and people in order to see how it changes the outcome.

At around 36 months of age, children demonstrate an understanding of cause and effect by making predictions about what could happen and reflect upon what caused something to happen. (California Department of Education [CDE] 2005)

Seems like a nice enough guy outside of the cage.

But regarding fighting, he's not fooling anyone. One of the biggest ducks weve seen in a long time.

I usually try to be diplomatic and do my best to be charitable to others' points.

But you're a certifiable fucking moron. No offense.

I am listening to him on the Joe Rogan Experience, and it is amazing how similar his philosophy of life is to mine.

He says the belt means nothing. I stated this multiple times on this board. The belt and rankings is just protection for celebrity fighters against lesser known fighters who can beat them.

He says there is no choice/free-will in life. I believe the same thing. Two people decide to have sex and you are born. You didn't choose your genetics. You didn't choose your environment. So, at exactly what point in life are you responsible and accountable for your behavior?

GSP Bless.

I think the point GSP was making is that your inability to deal with the cold was something you were born with. Thus you had no choice to move to a warmer climate. Not saying I believe in his philosophy but it was a pretty interesting part of the interview.
It wasn't an inability to deal with the cold. I had the financial means through hard work and I chose to leave to a warmer climate. It's like people who are born into poverty and busted their asses and are now rich. There are people who grew up in the exact environment and didn't work hard and are still there. Blaming your environment for your actions or lack of actions is a very limited excuse.

Yes he is a great guy, indeed was a fun podcast.

@HHJ we can agree on this at least :p

Seems like a nice enough guy outside of the cage.

But regarding fighting, he's not fooling anyone. One of the biggest ducks weve seen in a long time.

- Ducked MW all through Silva's reign. Everyone wanted that superfight, except for Georges lol. Then Bisping shows up and he couldn't get in the octagon at MW fast enough.

- Then ducked Whittaker like the plague, even dropping the belt to avoid him. "Colitis bro!"

- Ducked, and is still ducking the champ at his natural weightclass, Woodley.

- Now he has a shot at fighting smaller fighters for another belt, and the colitis is magically cured...

7e4.jpg

Posts like these show that not only are you a hater, but you're personally jealous of GSP. It's okay :)
Pretty normal for talentless bums to hate on successful people. Stay mad :)

7e4.jpg

Posts like these show that not only are you a hater, but you're personally jealous of GSP. It's okay :)
Pretty normal for talentless bums to hate on successful people. Stay mad :)

10 yrs. 0 finishes in his weighclass. Think long and hard about that.

GOAT lay and prayer for sure.

I don’t think you understand what “lay and pray” means.

Point me to a single instance where GSP was content to simply hold an opponent down on the mat, without actively working to improve/advance position, inflict damage via strikes, or otherwise work for a submission.

Let alone multiple instances, or a profusion of instances, sufficient to define his career as such, as you seem to be suggesting.

Spoiler: You can’t.

10 years fighting the hardest hammers in his weight-class in the sport. And cleaning out his division twice, and working on a third time.

Fuck off with that foolishness.

Correction, he finished Penn in 2009, so it's less than 10 years. He finished someone few months ago, above his weight class so it decimates that argument anyway.

Also he was a WW until 2013. He hasn't been active since so 2014-present years don't count. He was injured for one year between his title run. That makes it less than four years in his weight class. See, if you can absurdly nitpick I can too! "Thinking long and hard" clearly isn't your strong point lol. I'd call you a dumbass but that would be complimentary to you.

But you do have consciousness and you do have a certain amount of free will with the greatest degree the furthest out.

Back