JESSICA ANDRADE OMG!!

Her and Rose would be a good scrap. Rose's best bet imo would be to catch Andrade in a scramble for a sub.
I love Rose, but I don't see her being able to put Andrade down in 5 rounds. Andrade just keeps getting better and more impressive.

You sound like such an idiot.
The fight was not long. You act like it was a prolonged beating ala TJ/Barao. And it was even before Rose started landing big. She got caught by a feint/hook and lost. Rose has power and JJ did not expect her long range. But Now all of the sudden Rose is an elite striker and JJ can’t compete with her? And what does Sch have to do with anything she’s a weight class above and one of the best technical strikers in WMMA. And your obsession of finishing rate is irrelevant. GSP is one of th GOAT and doesn’t finish anyone. Same with Jones until the roided KO kick. JJ has been facing elite competition. Just because Rose finishes the undersized Waterson doesn’t mean she’s some world class killer. Until she is consistent with her performances I’m not buying it. And she would still struggle against Andrade
First of all did you even read what I said...Shevchenko has lots to do with Namajunas's preperation being she beat Joanna twice...thats who helped Rose train for the fight as she is this next one. Its the SAME STYLE JJ HAS, thats why it is relevant.

Rose Namajunas is 25...She is Just getting into her prime NOW

Joanna is 30, getting better IS possible at that age, however, she is already having issues making 115...and when youve had the same Dutch style of striking all your life before even entering the UFC as she had and hasnt gotten better anywhere else...Usually means the fighter has peaked in their preferred style... what you see is what you will be getting. Nothing more.

Joanna's style is what it is, it wont be changing. Rose will be fighting the same fighter in the rematch. IF anything JJ now has more of a disadvantage being all she had to worry about in the first fight (in JJ's mind) was Rose's GROUND game. No more the case. She has to now worry about that and her striking which has improved A LOT.

"The fight was not long. You act like it was a prolonged beating" SO because JJ was dominant before that fight that means you know she can beat the girl that schooled her in the rematch? Great argument

Did you see the dominant Silva lose to Weidman ? Then lost the rematch. It can happen my friend.

I sound like an idiot? The fact you say that is obvious you dont like it when you have your opinion and I have mine which you dont like. Learn to be civil and have a decent convo, accept others have dif opinions than you. I was a sparring partner for Bermudez years before he was on TUF so Ive been in there before, I know the game, I know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
29b27ix.gif
zhgoE2L.jpg

First of all did you even read what I said...Shevchenko has lots to do with Namajunas's preperation being she beat Joanna twice...thats who helped Rose train for the fight as she is this next one. Its the SAME STYLE JJ HAS, thats why it is relevant.

Rose Namajunas is 25...She is Just getting into her prime NOW

Joanna is 30, getting better IS possible at that age, however, she is already having issues making 115...and when youve had the same Dutch style of striking all your life before even entering the UFC as she had and hasnt gotten better anywhere else...Usually means the fighter has peaked in their preferred style... what you see is what you will be getting. Nothing more.

Joanna's style is what it is, it wont be changing. Rose will be fighting the same fighter in the rematch. IF anything JJ now has more of a disadvantage being all she had to worry about in the first fight (in JJ's mind) was Rose's GROUND game. No more the case. She has to now worry about that and her striking which has improved A LOT.

"The fight was not long. You act like it was a prolonged beating" SO because JJ was dominant before that fight that means you know she can beat the girl that schooled her in the rematch? Great argument

Did you see the dominant Silva lose to Weidman ? Then lost the rematch. It can happen my friend.

I sound like an idiot? The fact you say that is obvious you dont like it when you have your opinion and I have mine which you dont like. Learn to be civil and have a decent convo, accept others have dif opinions than you. I was a sparring partner for Bermudez years before he was on TUF so Ive been in there before, I know the game, I know what I am talking about.

Nothing but nonsense followed by the typical I train MMA brah I know what I’m talking about ending. LOL but since you said that I’m convinced more now that you are Pat Barry

Tecia tried to do the exact same thing JJ did, 2 strikes and move before the counter, make her chase and outstrike while backpedaling. It worked in the first, then Andrade grabber her and she went flying.
To be fair to Tecia it's a better 5 rounds strategy, gotta imagine that slam rate wouldn't have been easy to keep up for 2 more rounds and she didn't take much damage.

I think she beats Rose but loses to Joanna again.

Andrade needs to find herself a decent striking coach asap and she could easily be champ. It's impressive how far she went based purely on her strength and athleticism. Tecia was doing everything correctly but at some point she just couldn't withstand the pressure. I think Joanna would beat her again too.

She gets busted for roids before she even fights Rose...my prediction.
That was my thought after she demolished Claudia, but she didnt, i wouldnt swear she is clean, but she hasnt popped yet and has been looking the same at 115 for a while.

Andrade needs to find herself a decent striking coach asap and she could easily be champ. It's impressive how far she went based purely on her strength and athleticism. Tecia was doing everything correctly but at some point she just couldn't withstand the pressure. I think Joanna would beat her again too.
She was using a little more head movement and cutting off the cage against Gadelha, but this fight she reverted to her old ways. I guess we can call it the Lineker curse, when you have an iron chin and heavy hands you find it just too easy to walk forward and have little motivation on working on anything else. Shame, because she certainly does that in other areas. Her top control is very good, for example.

You need height and length to fight Andrade and the nous to float out of those overused slams, I'd say Rose has a great chance when they fight for the vacant title later this year.

I said it once already

She’s like a terminator

She simply doesn’t stop

Probably my favorite mma (man or woman) fighter right now

N she got those legs

She was using a little more head movement and cutting off the cage against Gadelha, but this fight she reverted to her old ways. I guess we can call it the Lineker curse, when you have an iron chin and heavy hands you find it just too easy to walk forward and have little motivation on working on anything else. Shame, because she certainly does that in other areas. Her top control is very good, for example.

I think this is a problem related to her camp. That girl who was crushed by Valentina (Cachoeira) is from the same camp as Andrade if I'm not mistaken. And if you look for some of her previous fights on youtube you'll see that she has the same unpolished, wild striking style.

To be fair to Tecia it's a better 5 rounds strategy, gotta imagine that slam rate wouldn't have been easy to keep up for 2 more rounds and she didn't take much damage.

Disagree. In my opinion, it was Tecia who had a hard time sticking to her gameplan because it's more taxing on your cardio to defend takedowns than to stick and move, especially considering that Tecia trains for the second since she was a kid. Andrade was throwing her around like a sack of lesbian potatoes more and more frequently as the fight progressed.

Tecia's cardio is usually good she's always in top shape and can fight at high pace but Andrade just too strong going strength for strength with her just going to wear you out fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back