Jessica Aguilar (20-6) vs. Weili Zhang (17-1) at UFC Beijing, November 24, 2018

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
Not sure why UFC keeps targeting the Chinese market. Doesn't seem like a lot of good fighters come out of it.
I would probably agree for men's MMA, but on the women's side, I think Zhang has huge potential, and I've liked some of what I've seen from some of the others out of China. I'd give you names, but I am absolutely abysmal at navigating most asian names. :(

why not..?

Carla's become a top ten gatekeeper who is nowhere close to a title shot

JAG is an unranked gatekeeper

let the two gatekeepers fight each other.

How many people are interested in Carla's next fight? Like three people, Carla and her parents

How many people are interested in JAG's next fight? Nobody

How many people would be interested in Jag v Carla rematch? a fair few

Lol at calling Jag a gatekeeper. You're joking right? She's lucky if she doesn't get cut.

I still see Esparza as a contender mainly because Suarez is gonna do the exact same thing to the sitting champ except probably quicker.

Not enough people even watched the first fight to even care about a rematch. Doesn't make sense from a rankings perspective, doesn't make sense competitively, and isn't going to draw any viewers. So yeah, it's pointless except to get Esparza a win.

Lol at calling Jag a gatekeeper. You're joking right? She's lucky if she doesn't get cut..

she is a gatekeeper in the sense that she is a former world number 1, former world champion, who is now at the end of her career so young up and comers are keen to measure themselves against her.

thats the very definition of a gatekeeper.

Gadelha, Casey, Zhang, all fighters on the rise at the time

she is a gatekeeper in the sense that she is a former world number 1, former world champion, who is now at the end of her career so young up and comers are keen to measure themselves against her.

thats the very definition of a gatekeeper.

Gadelha, Casey, Zhang, all fighters on the rise at the time

{<huh}

Gadelha is coming off a hometown robbery to Esparza in a fight she clearly lost. Casey is 1-3 with her win being barely edging out Angela Hill. Esparza would be the favorite to win that. You have a twisted view of the division.

Esparza is not at the end of her career nor is that even what a gatekeeper is.

How many people are interested in Carla's next fight? Like three people, Carla and her parents

How many people are interested in JAG's next fight? Nobody

How many people would be interested in Jag v Carla rematch? a fair few
Nobody would be interested in a JAG rematch, including Carla and her parents.

{<huh}

Gadelha is coming off a hometown robbery to Esparza in a fight she clearly lost. Casey is 1-3 with her win being barely edging out Angela Hill. Esparza would be the favorite to win that. You have a twisted view of the division.

Esparza is not at the end of her career nor is that even what a gatekeeper is.

which part of AT THE TIME did you miss

When did Gadelha fight Jag?

Zhang rocked it out. Thinking on who should be her next fight.
Cast Iron Casey - a strong showcase for Zhang
Barber - Maycee needs a loss to teach her some humility
Calvillo - an intriguing match

What's the beef between Esparza & JAG?

Why is this thread still being bumped? Fights over. Quick ending. Not much going on.

Say that on all threads. Let us know the response. Thanks.
Really no such thing as “all threads” being that most threads will get wastelanded or deleted after the fact, especially if it’s a non-issue such as this. Thanks.

Really no such thing as “all threads” being that most threads will get wastelanded or deleted after the fact, especially if it’s a non-issue such as this. Thanks.

Or people might still be interested in a fight that happened yesterday.

Of course replying to the thread to cry about it results in it being bumped.

if it’s a non-issue such as this.
If it really was a non-issue thread, people wouldn't still be posting in it. In fact, I count at least two new threads made after the fight to talk about this same fight and the winning fighter. That wouldn't have happened if the fight, and the fighter, hadn't shown themselves to be very special issue. You're just out of touch with reality,my friend.

P.S.
Over 4000 views, and over 100 replies, are further evidence that this isn't a non-issue thread for many people.

Who would you all like to see Zhang fight next?

Who would you all like to see Zhang fight next?
If the idea is to give her a ranked fighter, but not top ten right away, and a fighter that I wouldn't mind seeing her beat, then maybe #14 Randa Markos. If Weili wins that one, then she gets a top ten fight next.

Back