Jessica Aguilar (20-6) vs. Weili Zhang (17-1) at UFC Beijing, November 24, 2018

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
The real question is do I put money on Jag who is a +350 dog. Very inactive with only 3 fights since 2016 and has gone 1-2 since then with decision losses to Courtney Casey and Gadehla .

Weili from what I’ve seen is a relentless striker and wrestler who has smashed some chicks but her debut against 5 foot Danielle Taylor was a snoozer. Does Jag have enough experience to overcome the 29 y.o. Weili or am I wasting a $100 on Jag ?? Idkkkk but I’m excited to find out
I'm hoping that Weili was just a little tentative taking on such a muscular fighter in her UFC debut and we'll see a lot more from her this time around. If not, I'll be most disappointed.

Hoping Zhang is coming to bang... But a few bucks on Aguilar wouldn't hurt with those odds.

Weili from what I’ve seen is a relentless striker and wrestler who has smashed some chicks but her debut against 5 foot Danielle Taylor was a snoozer.

Danielle Taylor's fights are consistently snoozers. Her fight style seems to always heavily emphasize evasion of her opponents.

Jessica has fought some of the best. But she hasn’t look good in my opinion, as of late. Her last fight against Jody, was a close fight and wasn’t impressive. I probably have Zhang by dec maybe even tko late stoppage, maybe.

The real question is do I put money on Jag who is a +350 dog. Very inactive with only 3 fights since 2016 and has gone 1-2 since then with decision losses to Courtney Casey and Gadehla .

Weili from what I’ve seen is a relentless striker and wrestler who has smashed some chicks but her debut against 5 foot Danielle Taylor was a snoozer. Does Jag have enough experience to overcome the 29 y.o. Weili or am I wasting a $100 on Jag ?? Idkkkk but I’m excited to find out

Every Taylor fight is a snoozer.

I am not sold on Chinese MMA but Zhang looks like my boy Leon so I have to root for her.

Every Taylor fight is a snoozer.

90% of WMMA fights are snoozers. But when you watch Weili fight her style is aggressive, she lands hard shots and when she puts girls on their back they have a hard time dealing with it. She was super tentative in her debut and barely was throwing. If she shows up like that again she can easily lose a decision to a veteran.

90% of WMMA fights are snoozers.
An exaggeration that undermines your credibility. If you want to be taken seriously you should stop doing that.

And the boring nature of Danielle Taylor's fights is NOT typical of WMMA fights in general. Many hardcore WMMA fans don't want to watch Danielle fight.

But when you watch Weili fight her style is aggressive, she lands hard shots and when she puts girls on their back they have a hard time dealing with it. She was super tentative in her debut and barely was throwing. If she shows up like that again she can easily lose a decision to a veteran.

Tentative? Maybe somewhat. It was her octagon debut, after all. But I can well understand a fighter not wanting to get sucked into any sort of careless mistake that might arise from hard chasing a fighter whose style is based on running away and evading rather than standing and fighting. I don't think Aguilar will be so into avoidance, so I expect to see Weili show us the violence we want to see.

An exaggeration that undermines your credibility. If you want to be taken seriously you should stop doing that.

And the boring nature of Danielle Taylor's fights is NOT typical of WMMA fights in general. Many hardcore WMMA fans don't want to watch Danielle fight.

Tentative? Maybe somewhat. It was her octagon debut, after all. But I can well understand a fighter not wanting to get sucked into any sort of careless mistake that might arise from hard chasing a fighter whose style is based on running away and evading rather than standing and fighting. I don't think Aguilar will be so into avoidance, so I expect to see Weili show us the violence we want to see.

I understand you're upset of my analysis. And yes, the majority of the community isn't a fan of WMMA nor do they really put on much of an entertainment aspect outside of a few fighters. Do some research; and just because it was her debut doesn't mean she had to be tentative. The point was she DID fall into that gameplan when she could have worked takedowns or other aspects of her game to close distance but she didn't.

Putting money on the huge dog Aguilar

In WMMA there should be no +300 dogs

Edit: unless it's a can for Cyroid to crush

I understand you're upset of my analysis. And yes, the majority of the community isn't a fan of WMMA nor do they really put on much of an entertainment aspect outside of a few fighters. Do some research; and just because it was her debut doesn't mean she had to be tentative. The point was she DID fall into that gameplan when she could have worked takedowns or other aspects of her game to close distance but she didn't.

No. The point is that ALL of Danielle Taylor's fights are boring, even when fighting fighters who can otherwise be damned exciting. A boring Danielle Taylor fight is more about Danielle Taylor being able to make a fight boring than it is about the ability of the fighter she is fighting to be able to be exciting. You might be able to see that if you didn't just mindlessly dismiss 90% of WMMA fights as being like a Danielle Taylor fight... because they aren't.

My analysis of WMMA doesn’t come from simply watching Taylor that wouldn’t be very smart now would it? I said, “outside of a few select fighters it isn’t entertaining to watch”. Which is 100% true. You are literally the first person I’ve EVER heard use the term “hardcore WMMA fans” and if you love WMMA, which I’m assuming you do because of your negative opinion of my own and your Joanne calderwood avi, then that’s great! But I’m certainly correct in my assessment of WMMA. Majority of fights just aren’t very good and the community of “hardcore MMA fans” agree with that.

Now if you have something to put in about whether I should put money on Jag or not (which is the topic of this thread) then I’m all ears otherwise I’m not gonna argue with you about how “exciting” WMMA is. I’d rather bang my head against a wall.

No. The point is that ALL of Danielle Taylor's fights are boring, even when fighting fighters who can otherwise be damned exciting. A boring Danielle Taylor fight is more about Danielle Taylor being able to make a fight boring than it is about the ability of the fighter she is fighting to be able to be exciting. You might be able to see that if you didn't just mindlessly dismiss 90% of WMMA fights as being like a Danielle Taylor fight... because they aren't.

My analysis of WMMA doesn’t come from simply watching Taylor that wouldn’t be very smart now would it?
Nor does it seem to come from having watched much WMMA. I expect I've watched much more than you.

I said, “outside of a few select fighters it isn’t entertaining to watch”. Which is 100% true.
For you. Others will hold different opinions. You shouldn't assume your own subjective preferences amount to some larger truth. That wouldn't be very smart now would it?

Majority of fights just aren’t very good and the community of “hardcore MMA fans” agree with that.

Try to stop switching the goal posts around. Can you do that? First we were talking about "snoozers", now you are talking about "good", which can mean a lot of things different from "entertaining". And first you were claiming 90%, now you are just saying "majority". A lot of "hardcore" MMA fans don't even think the "majority" of men's fights are "good".

Now if you have something to put in about whether I should put money on Jag or not (which is the topic of this thread)

There is something incredibly precious about you trying to tell me (the TS, the one who created this thread in the first place) what the topic of this thread is. And once again you are wrong about what you are saying.

I’m not gonna argue with you about how “exciting” WMMA is. I’d rather bang my head against a wall.

My original point was, and it is like banging my head against a wall to have to keep repeating it to you, because you listen like a wall, that weili zhang's performance in the fight with Danielle Taylor is more about Danielle Taylor than it is about Weili Zhang. It is YOU who that turned this into an argument about how "exciting" WMMA is by your jejune dismissal of my point with your comment about how boring 90% of WMMA is rather than considering my point about Danielle Taylor. What I said actually could be used to consider a bet, but please continue to be dense like a wall, because I sure as hell am hoping you lose some money now. People less dense will get something more from my point about Zhang.

Last edited:

Wait, she lost to Cortney Casey? Jeez, Cortney is a dreadfully unskilled fighter.
Okay, now I'm more confident in Weili Zhang to win.

Just kinda skimmed threw this text but didn’t read into it. Again, not interested in arguing about WMMA so strike that up with someone else. Enjoy watching the fights this weekend, friend!

Nor does it seem to come from having watched much WMMA. I expect I've watched much more than you.

For you. Others will hold different opinions. You shouldn't assume your own subjective preferences amount to some larger truth. That wouldn't be very smart now would it?

Try to stop switching the goal posts around. Can you do that? First we were talking about "snoozers", now you are talking about "good", which can mean a lot of things different from "entertaining". And first you were claiming 90%, now you are just saying "majority". A lot of "hardcore" MMA fans don't even think the "majority" of men's fights are "good".

There is something incredibly precious about you trying to tell me (the TS, the one who created this thread in the first place) what the topic of this thread is. And once again you are wrong about what you are saying.

My original point was, and it is like banging my head against a wall to have to keep repeating it to you, because you listen like a wall, that weili zhang's performance in the fight with Danielle Taylor is more about Danielle Taylor than it is about Weili Zhang. It is YOU who that turned this into an argument about how "exciting" WMMA is by your jejune dismissal of my point with your comment about how boring 90% of WMMA is rather than considering my point about Danielle Taylor. What I said actually could be used to consider a bet, but please continue to be dense like a wall, because I sure as hell am hoping you lose some money now. People less dense will get something more from my point about Zhang.

Wait, she lost to Cortney Casey? Jeez, Cortney is a dreadfully unskilled fighter.
Okay, now I'm more confident in Weili Zhang to win.

Agreed man. I was actually super confident early on that Jag could snake a decision but the more research and fight tape I’ve watched on Weili idk man. I doubt Jag gets finished, but I’m seeing the reason she’s nearly a 4-1 dog lol.

Someone convince me that Aguilar will win so that I can place money on her and win big.

Back