Jerry Millen - Rizin final round

lilianjie

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I just finished watching the final round and felt it was an enjoyable event overall which debuted some decent up and coming stars and also threw in a couple of WWE style moments to keep everyone else entertained which seems to be the norm for Japanese promotions.

I thought the commentary team wasn't too bad, despite a few negative comments I read on here.

The reason I'm writing this thread is to discuss about the one and only Jerry Millen who has once again been given the VP title and left to run the show. Sorry for those that like him, but the guy just rubs me the wrong way especially after reading what Bas had to say about him from back in the pride days.

I just watched the interview half way through the show where the two commentators chat with Millen before bringing out their new female heavyweight prospect and noticed Millen looks high as a kite. Look at his body language, he's suddenly turning his head left to right and rubbing his nose. Did this stand out so blatantly to anyone else? Or has he always been like that?

millen-png.184847

Attachments

• Millen.png
    Millen.png
    474.8 KB · Views: 339
I think Joe may have been too haha he looked pretty nervous that the VP was next to him.

Can't say much about jerry that was the first time I've seen him interviewed, but he does seem off IMO

Millen seemed to speak well while coked up. Then he cut a promo on Sage, reebok, Paige, Dana etc. Hell Gary might have turned good guy for me because he got 3 free live streams, no ppv or hdnet

Millen seemed to speak well while coked up. Then he cut a promo on Sage, reebok, Paige, Dana etc. Hell Gary might have turned good guy for me because he got 3 free live streams, no ppv or hdnet

After rewatching the clip I noticed Joe Warren is also up there with the birds. Hilarious. I bet they will cringe after they see themselves on video afterwards.

After rewatching the clip I noticed Joe Warren is also up there with the birds. Hilarious. I bet they will cringe after they see themselves on video afterwards.
I know Warren got busted for weed, but this is something else. At the beginning of the event he was wiping his face down all bugged eyed.

I wish they'd show the promotional videos before each fight like they did on hdnet

Joe Warren is awful

Other than those 2 I think Gary did a decent job

I wish they'd show the promotional videos before each fight like they did on hdnet

Joe Warren is awful

Other than those 2 I think Gary did a decent job
I think it has to do with music and image copyright somehow.

I've been a pretty avid critic of him. Who hates Bas, honestly? But He seems like he runs the ship properly. I've interacted with him a few times now on the business side and here's what I gather.

He's a tough cookie when it comes to business. You fuck around and get on his bad side and he's going to make your life difficult. But tbh I haven't heard or see him do anything ridiculous. Now, this is off of one extended meeting and a couple small interactions shooting the shit around during breakfast. But bottom line is on face value.... he's not bad at all. He's straightforward, gives few fucks what people think, and seems to work 24/7. Not that bad for the MMA indistry.

Maybe extended time around during him would expose more negatives, but that's true for most in the production/ow ership ends of MMA.

You realize there's a whole stadium of events going on while they're doing this interview, and the fact that both Millen and Warren are looking into the same direction indicates something was going on?

Or perhaps this screencap was taken right before that Japanese lady walked right in front of the camera, and Millen had to push her out, LOL.

I've never had much of an opinion on Millen, other than the fact that I always heard he was difficult to deal with (which primarily roots to the Rutten interview, so who knows). I did always think that it was ridiculous that people hated him for going by "Jerry" and "Gary" when his real name is Gerald.

Sak knows him and is clearly comfortable working with him, the guy has experience in coordinating shows in Japan and he has inroads with Bellator, Fedor and a number of other names in the business so could act as a liaison if needed.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not trying to lionize the guy or anything. I've heard the various negative stories and rumors over the years, with some seeming more substantial than others ("Gerald", not "Gary", to "Jerry" is not a fake name as Bas insists, for instance). Not to mention his UFC/Dana obsession is kinda creepy.

But at the end of the day Rizin is a work in progress, a struggle and a major uphill battle. Successes and (mostly, probably) failures they experience can't be pinned on him.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not trying to lionize the guy or anything. I've heard the various negative stories and rumors over the years, with some seeming more substantial than others ("Gerald", not "Gary", to "Jerry" is not a fake name as Bas insists, for instance). Not to mention his UFC/Dana obsession is kinda creepy.
Haha I love Champions buying out these fighters' twitter accounts and promoting whatever. Bas would never tweet about Rizin because of Millen.

Not to mention his UFC/Dana obsession is kinda creepy.

Where did his obsession for Dana come from? Did Dana start all of this or was it Jerry?

I remember years ago jerry interviewed Dana's mother and she said some nasty things about him, but that was long into their drama.

i was paying attention to that chubby faced girl that kept doing the victory poses for like 10 minutes on the left...

I thought the height difference and the fact that they all seemed to act like pupets made the entire thing really weird but thank god for the victory sign girl she saved the show

It was a great event imo. Reminded me of the good old days watching Shockwave.
Krun Gracie's fight being the standout.

It was a great event imo. Reminded me of the good old days watching Shockwave.
Krun Gracie's fight being the standout.

I feel the same way. I think Rizin will build a decent roster within the next 2 years and be very popular. The VP said they plan to hold around five cards in 2017. Quality over quantity.

Millen doing the Vince McMahon stare n stance.

Puff that chest out big boy.

where did you hear this? would make sense seeing how Mauro is back since they had a feud
That is why i asked because Mauro was there and if you look at his twitter he is hinting his hate for Jerry

Back