Jermall Charlo vs. Hugo Centeno added to Wilder/Ortiz card. WBC Interim-Belt

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
To push along their middleweight ranks, the World Boxing Council has confirmed that Jermall Charlo (26-0, 20 KOs) and Hugo Centeno (26-1, 14 KOs) will fight for the interim WBC championship.

The fight will be taking place because the full WBC middleweight title is tied up - as champion Gennady Golovkin is currently negotiating a potential May rematch with Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

There would be no surprise if that contest landed on the undercard to Errol Spence vs. Lamont Peterson, which takes place on January 20 from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn

http://www.boxingscene.com/jermall-charlo-vs-hugo-centeno-play-wbc-interim-belt--122680

Not as good as Charlo vs Jacobs obviously but I still like this fight.

Oh, good. Thank God. Because both of these tools should actually be anywhere near a belt at 160 based on what they've done at 160 (not interested in any 154 arguments).

What happened to the Polish guy that knocked out Hugo Centeno

Oh, good. Thank God. Because both of these tools should actually be anywhere near a belt at 160 based on what they've done at 160 (not interested in any 154 arguments).

Accomplishments at lower weights are completely irrelevant to you? It's not like MW is brimming with so much talent that someone like Jermall getting pushed to the front of the line suddenly becomes egregious.

Jermall was a champ at 154 so it' not surprising he jumped the ranks here. I didn't expect him to have to fight a dozen guys before a title shot.

Accomplishments at lower weights are completely irrelevant to you? It's not like MW is brimming with so much talent that someone like Jermall getting pushed to the front of the line suddenly becomes egregious.

I see what you are getting at, and I don't necessarily disagree with you.

I think it's safe to say that there are more established, proven names at MW than Charlo who beat, who? A shopworn Trout and Jrock, who is a likeable guy, but pretty static in stretches during fights. That's how I feel.

The accomplishments are relevant when they are actual accomplishments weighed as being greater in significance than the other names in the division.

I had no problem with SRL going right into a title shot against Hagler. That made sense. Archie Moore moving up to fight Marciano (who didn't end up being that much bigger anyway - 1/2 a pound) made since given the accomplishments (he had twice the KO's that Marciano had total fights).

I’d take Charlo over everyone at 160 except the top 3 of GGG, Jacobs and Canelo.

The charlo brothers have taken over broner as the most unlikable boxers active today
i think they're pretty great while they're fighting.

as soon as they start talking though... damn. they're unbearable.

The charlo brothers have taken over broner as the most unlikable boxers active today
you think? they both seem like cool guys. A little loud and maybe a bit arrogant but I don't think they've done anything to really be unlikeable.

you think? they both seem like cool guys. A little loud and maybe a bit arrogant but I don't think they've done anything to really be unlikeable.

Watch how they handle winning. They are both insecure pricks about it. No humility in victory. I am very interested to see how they handle defeat if they manage victory with no grace, dignity, or integrity.

The fight will be taking place because the full WBC middleweight title is tied up - as champion Gennady Golovkin is currently negotiating a potential May rematch with Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

Tied up? Then shouldn't the WBC make Charlo his mandatory?...you know, the guy who actually wants to fight for the WBC belt, not the other guy who doesn't!

Last edited:
Watch how they handle winning. They are both insecure pricks about it. No humility in victory. I am very interested to see how they handle defeat if they manage victory with no grace, dignity, or integrity.

I agree totally that they are sore winners and might not handle losing well at all but Broner is more hated for his out of the ring antics than anything else.

In the ring he's a punk but he usually puts up a good fight. Tries to win, doesn't hold or run too much usually. It's between fights when he is robbing bowlers at gunpoint and wiping his ass with money and missing weight on a consistent basis and trying to commit suicide on instagram that rubs people the wrong.

The twins are just loudmouths. Like the hype man who yells and screams before every new rap song starts on the radio. Annoying but bearable for the most part.

ehh I don't see it, but ot each his own.

ehh I don't see it, but ot each his own.

^ "He said he was coming for my title" - he said that to justify his attitude during the press conference? He got personally offended about someone saying he was coming to take his title. Geez man. That's what challengers do...they challenge titles. And then he does on to say "Gimme another title...I want Hurd" which is saying the exact same thing that Lubin did regarding Charlo's. So, not only are they easily offended, shameless winners, they are hypocrites too....

If this isn't saying something, in just one fight, then there's the JRock vs other Charlo. That Charlo is worse, in my opinion.

These guys have paper thin egos. It's pathetic.

But, if someone likes a fighter, they'll excuse their flaws, no matter how egregrious. Like Stella said in A Streetcar Named Desire: "Oh. you can't describe someone you're in love with." Same sentiment...

^ "He said he was coming for my title" - he said that to justify his attitude during the press conference? He got personally offended about someone saying he was coming to take his title. Geez man. That's what challengers do...they challenge titles. And then he does on to say "Gimme another title...I want Hurd" which is saying the exact same thing that Lubin did regarding Charlo's. So, not only are they easily offended, shameless winners, they are hypocrites too....

If this isn't saying something, in just one fight, then there's the JRock vs other Charlo. That Charlo is worse, in my opinion.

These guys have paper thin egos. It's pathetic.

But, if someone likes a fighter, they'll excuse their flaws, no matter how egregrious. Like Stella said in A Streetcar Named Desire: "Oh. you can't describe someone you're in love with." Same sentiment...

I kinda get it though, I mean, Lubin and his team threw a chair at the charlos right? I'd be pretty pissed off too. I've watched their conferences and they seem like loud guys, but pretty chill

@RR put it very well, imo, he knows these two. Don't want to misquote you so I @'d you just in case, but something to the effect of they are not cultured like a Wlad or somebody who speaks 22 languages and who's got a phd, but he said they're good kids who are rough around the edges b/c they grew up in the gym. That makes total sense to me.

I kinda get it though, I mean, Lubin and his team threw a chair at the charlos right? I'd be pretty pissed off too. I've watched their conferences and they seem like loud guys, but pretty chill

Sure, and there are all the people with admirable qualities that accept the behaviour of a chair-thrower as childish and infantile, they don't get their jimmies rustled by that stupidity. The appropriate response would be the Rock's one eyebrow raise, or a mocking laugh. It doesn't reflect on the recipient of the chair, it reflects negatively on the thrower. The Charloos can't handle that. They're so easily miffed it speaks to their own emotional weakness and insecurity. Linear, one-dimensional people.

Anyway, we'll disagree on this. Like I said, we all smooth over the flaws of the fighters we like, and I'm no different.

In this case, we'll have to just not end up agreeing my friend :)

Back