Jermall Charlo vs. David Lemieux

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is a fight I want to see. Everyone keeps saying Lemieux is the 3rd best middleweight around, but I honestly think Jermall Charlo would KO him. Lemieux was making so many mistakes in there against Reyes. I can see Charlo taking him with an uppercut after one of Lemieux's lunging over extended right crosses.

Easy work for Charlo. Lemieux is a can crusher.

Easy work for Charlo. Lemieux is a can crusher.

I agree man. Charlo has great power and slick counters. J Roc left him a sliver of an opening and Charlo absolutely devastated him. Lemieux is too reckless to not get KO'd by him.

Last edited:
Charlo is used to being a big fish in a small pond. I wonder how much his power goes up with him. It just might. But his boxing skills aren't getting any better as he is getting bigger. He was always slow. There's not a lot to his style (not that there is to Lemieux, but he's at least an established quantity at MW). Really, there's not much to say for Charloo. Lemieux is there to be hit, and maybe Charlo is able to work him over. It could happen. But Lemiuex is a big bastard with a left hook that feels like a mule kick. He puts Charlo on his ass and there's no way I get surprised by that.

I heard from my boxing coach that some fighters when sparring him would get hit and say it felt like they didn't have any head gear on. For what that's worth.

Charlo is used to being a big fish in a small pond. I wonder how much his power goes up with him. It just might. But his boxing skills aren't getting any better as he is getting bigger. He was always slow. There's not a lot to his style (not that there is to Lemieux, but he's at least an established quantity at MW). Really, there's not much to say for Charloo. Lemieux is there to be hit, and maybe Charlo is able to work him over. It could happen. But Lemiuex is a big bastard with a left hook that feels like a mule kick. He puts Charlo on his ass and there's no way I get surprised by that.

I heard from my boxing coach that some fighters when sparring him would get hit and say it felt like they didn't have any head gear on. For what that's worth.

That may be true. But on the flip side, I have questions about Lemieux's chin. He tends to gas out and looked very wobbly against Reyes on Saturday, and Reyes has pillow fists. With how open he'll be I'm not sure Charlo needs to be the biggest puncher to KO him. He might do it on cumulative damage.

Thats a lot of words to say Lemieux has a punchers chance.
<{cum@me}>

Back