Jeremy Stevens Getting That Mainstream Push

The guy has been around too long to be labled a hype train.

rckstr.gif

nah he's just a generic bad person that dana loves.

UFC actually paying respect to someone that deserves it? That’s new. They must be going through rough times now that they can’t push Francis anymore and Conor ducking everyone.

He's too stupid, too much of a bro, too ugly. Of all the fighters they have they go with Jeremy fucking Stephens?

Not gonna complain too much though, at least they went with someone that actually wear gloves and a mouthpiece. I mean, how much more can you even expect out of a company that chooses to market itself with Dana White instead of marketing the brand with actual fighters?

He's too stupid, too much of a bro, too ugly. Of all the fighters they have they go with Jeremy fucking Stephens?

Not gonna complain too much though, at least they went with someone that actually wear gloves and a mouthpiece. I mean, how much more can you even expect out of a company that chooses to market itself with Dana White instead of marketing the brand with actual fighters?
That is the exact guy they can promote

This is a dude-bro based sport

Most of the fans are casual, most of em are dumb as shit, Stephens is exactly like them, he is dumb as shit, has a criminal record and can barely string 2 sentences together, I’m surprised it took them long enough to start promoting him

hype train? dude's been fighting forever.
It's good to see that he's finally getting some notice. I wouldn't say there's a hype behind him, though; at this point we all know what his ceiling is and what he can and can't do.

What does hype have to do with being around for a long time? Old technologies get repackaged, rebranded and resold to the people.

Hype trains are generally fighters that have recently come in from another promotion. Usually with undefeated records, or just one loss. And, they usually get an easy ( relatively ) fight, or two in the UFC to build the hype.

Ngannou, Pewter Perry... Do I really need to go on ?

Do you even Sherdog, man ?

giphy.gif

He's 4-5 in his last 9. UFC is desperate for stars these days.

Hype trains are generally fighters that have recently come in from another promotion. Usually with undefeated records, or just one loss. And, they usually get an easy ( relatively ) fight, or two in the UFC to build the hype.
Ngannou, Pewter Perry... Do I really need to go on ?
Do you even Sherdog, man ?
giphy.gif
If you choose a limited definition that suits your purpose, I am fine with it.

Hype train? lol

The dude is a split decision machine.

That is the exact guy they can promote

This is a dude-bro based sport

Most of the fans are casual, most of em are dumb as shit, Stephens is exactly like them, he is dumb as shit, has a criminal record and can barely string 2 sentences together, I’m surprised it took them long enough to start promoting him

words of wisdom lloyd, words of wisdom

He destroyed his last 2 opponents, and the UFC is trying to sell him to a new audience.

Not gonna fool me, dude is a low-level gatekeeper and will never get past that status.

Also terribly overranked. Should be nowhere near #7.

Glad he has found a groove at 145. Jeremy is always exciting and fun to watch. Emmett is no slouch though, should be a great fight.

Are some of the people in this thread hard of hearing? Stephens gave nothing but respect to Conor and Floyd. Conor talks all this shit, and people get a little upset at Stephens getting some of the attention he deserves? You fuckers are just a bunch of casuals.

Back