Jeremy Stephens is srsly one to watch, regardless of tomorrows result

Well let’s ignore the stigma attached to him by an amazing insult & look at this objectively, I mean Stephens has the ability to rag doll mcgregor, he really does

I think conor is too fast for him. Stephens excels with dudes who stand in front of him and exchange power.

Yves+Edwards+Drops+Jeremy+Stephens+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

"One to watch"? You make him sound like a prospect. I'd say he's firmly in the twilight of his career. But, he's still got KO power.
I mean as in he has now truly proved himself. Maybe a better phrase would have been smoother, however the point remains.

I think conor is too fast for him. Stephens excels with dudes who stand in front of him and exchange power.
True. I agree that mcgregor is far superior when it comes to speed. But Stephens has a granite chin without a doubt. & I personally feel Conor’s power is slightly overrated. But you’re right, there is a chance of mcgregor overwhelming Stephens with speed.

This says nothing about Stephens’ chin. There arent many fighters that can take the malice of that punch. It does showcase Stephens’ tendency to throw haymakers, however.

I wasn't commenting either way, just thought it was a nice KO. Yves should have beaten Ferguson too BTW.

I am not judging his skills. I like him as a fighter.

But whenever you hear Jeremy Stephens you think - who da fook is that guy.

It stuck to him and will never go away. He is Jeremy "who the fook is that guy" Stephens.
Not if you've been watching the sport for more than a year or two

I'm being serious. Not trying to be an ass or talk shit on casuals or new fans. That's just not what I think of when I think of Jeremy Stephens.

He has been a really good friend's favorite fighter for like a decade or more. I think of watching his old fights at my buddy's house in highschool.

True. I agree that mcgregor is far superior when it comes to speed. But Stephens has a granite chin without a doubt. & I personally feel Conor’s power is slightly overrated. But you’re right, there is a chance of mcgregor overwhelming Stephens with speed.

Stephens has decent wrestling, he could just take Conor down and pound him. It would be a fun fight.

And if Stephen's won, the post-fight speech would be epic.

"Now not just your mom knows who I am!"

Stephens has decent wrestling, he could just take Conor down and pound him. It would be a fun fight.

And if Stephen's won, the post-fight speech would be epic.

"Now not just your mom knows who I am!"
Ground impound would truly be the story of that fight. Round 1 would be fun tho

He's definitely improved and become a much better fighter than I ever thought he'd be. Never thought he'd beat guys like Barao and Gil.

Barao and Gil are both in career skids from which they will not recover.

Stephens is very talented and dangerous, no doubt, but beating those guys now doesn't mean what it once did.

It's crazy how much he's evolved. At first he was just a kid who swung haymakers, an hoped to get a lucky KO. Now he uses technique, faints, and leg kicks.

Then:
Jeremy-Stephens_1_.JPG

Now:
905010152.jpg.0.jpg

What?

He's a split-decision machine gatekeeper.

If Garbrandt ever goes up in weight, him vs Stephens would be a great match-up.

One of the few with KOs from hands, feet, knees... can't remember an elbow

Back