Jefferz hard line water cooled PC build thread.

I remember my first water cooled PC. It was late 1998 back before anyone was really doing this. CPU was a Celeron 300a (best overclocker back in the day). I took my pc to a local manufacturing place, told them what I wanted to do, did some measurements, and they custom made some parts for me for the reservoir. Drew up some designs and got a custom made water block. Used a fish tank pump to cycle the water and a small motorcycle radiator. I had the coolest PC on the block for sure.

I want to do a white/black combo of this fan grill, I'm not sure on color combo. I'm terrible with the artsy fartsy stuff. White main with the eye part black or the main part black with the eye white? The fan i'm using is like the one in the picture, white blades and black frame.
IMG_8768-300x300.jpg

Rest of my fittings finally came in stock and should be here friday.

I want to do a white/black combo of this fan grill, I'm not sure on color combo. I'm terrible with the artsy fartsy stuff. White main with the eye part black or the main part black with the eye white? The fan i'm using is like the one in the picture, white blades and black frame.
IMG_8768-300x300.jpg

Rest of my fittings finally came in stock and should be here friday.

you ever thought about custom painting your pc case jeff? i'm considering that for my next build

you ever thought about custom painting your pc case jeff? i'm considering that for my next build
Have you considered plasti dip? That way if you scratch it or want to change colors you can peel it off and reapply.
I'm going to plasti dip some stripes on the inside. My case is going to be displayed panel towards me so the outside case color doesn't really matter to me.
You could always buy a cheap Eastwood powder coat gun and a cheap stove off of craigslist and powder coat it yourself. It might not even be that bad to get your case done professionally in Dallas, I'm sure there's lots of competition.

Have you considered plasti dip? That way if you scratch it or want to change colors you can peel it off and reapply.
I'm going to plasti dip some stripes on the inside. My case is going to be displayed panel towards me so the outside case color doesn't really matter to me.
You could always buy a cheap Eastwood powder coat gun and a cheap stove off of craigslist and powder coat it yourself. It might not even be that bad to get your case done professionally in Dallas, I'm sure there's lots of competition.

i was looking at making a warhammer themed case or a Battlach themed one

i was looking at making a warhammer themed case or a Battlach themed one
Are you thinking just paint themed, or like custom case mods to resemble a tyranid skull or LRM20?

Are you thinking just paint themed, or like custom case mods to resemble a tyranid skull or LRM20?

just a pain theme to make it look sexy. As for a mod, if i was gonna do a mod or something? maybe yeah an LRM20

Sorry for no update guys. I haven't had time to tinker with it. I want to be able to set 2 days aside so I can go to town on it, I just can't find the time.
I am thinking of changing the motherboard to a white one though.

Sorry for no update guys. I haven't had time to tinker with it. I want to be able to set 2 days aside so I can go to town on it, I just can't find the time.
I am thinking of changing the motherboard to a white one though.
What frequency is your goal with this setup for the 7700K?

What frequency is your goal with this setup for the 7700K?
I'm hoping for 5.2. On my initial test I used a Hyper 212 in a Challenger case and hit 4.8 with a tiny voltage boost and no other changes. From what I've been reading about skylake, i should be able to go up to 1.45.

I'm hoping for 5.2. On my initial test I used a Hyper 212 in a Challenger case and hit 4.8 with a tiny voltage boost and no other changes. From what I've been reading about skylake, i should be able to go up to 1.45.
jd-faint-o.gif

I don't even need a new PC, it would be a monumental waste of money right now. But seeing this thread again is giving me that feeling like I need to make irresponsible decisions.

I don't even need a new PC, it would be a monumental waste of money right now. But seeing this thread again is giving me that feeling like I need to make irresponsible decisions.

let the hate flow threw you it will give you power and focus

I bought the humble bundle they had awhile ago with the bench marking tools so I'll post all that jazz when I get there.
This setup is gonna be nearly dead silent-- including at idle-- even when it's running full blast, right?

With that many fans, will you even need to run them above 60% RPM at any point?

Back