Jeff Horn vs Terence Crawford

When does the fight start?

Crawford vs. Horn takes place on Saturday, June 9, inside the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and Crawford is a sizable favorite (-850) over the Australian (+525). The undercard of the event will begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+ with the main card kicking off at 9:30 p.m. In addition to the main event, a 10-round lightweight bout between Jose Pedraza and Antonio Moran will be featured as part of the main card.
Terence Crawford vs. Jeff Horn fight card, ESPN TV, odds, date, prelims, location

I always find myself rooting for the underdog when he gets completely overlooked like this.

People are sleeping on Horn.

Hes a huge WW, and Olympian (went as far as Spence), and gave up his mandatory shot at Errol Spence in order to fight Pacquiao

That being said, I think it will be compeitive for about 3 rounds before Crawford starts to box the shit out of him

Horn will make a solid go of it but Crawford will take him apart.

I'm not in the country right now but I checked my cable box before I left and couldn't find it.

From what I've seen, we literally have nothing. Not even Superchannel's horseshit.

We're being encouraged to watch it illegally.

Surprised crawford has reach advantage. U/c for this looks pretty weak. With timing should be able to watch this then switch over to see the 3 aussies on the ufc as they are all main card.

From what I've seen, we literally have nothing. Not even Superchannel's horseshit.

We're being encouraged to watch it illegally.
It sounds like this ESPN+ app might not be so good for guys who like to watch their boxing at the corner bar.

ESPN plus?

What a joke.

ESPN plus?

What a joke.

Yeah, what is this on? And something about an app? I don't have an app. lol

Not sure I have ESPN plus, either.

Shit.

Why is Jeff Horn the champion getting less than the challenger?

Damn

No guarantees guys but I believe I was either able to get a trial version or a preview of ESPN+ before subscribing for a month (they were the only ones showing the english championship playoffs in the US last month). That way you could probably have a quality stream of the fight for as long the preview is. Just have another stream ready (reddit is your best bet). You can always pay the $5 and sub for this month and just cancel at a later point. The rest of the offerings are not great though from what I have seen...MLS and MLB games so don't expect much value beyond the fight tonight.

What are they being paid?
Purse figures were released Friday by the Nevada commission. Crawford's official contract calls for a purse of $1.75 million, though his guarantee from Top Rank is $3 million. Horn's official purse is $500,000, but he is guaranteed $1.25 million. Pedraza will earn $35,000, Moran $12,500, Benavidez $35,00 and Rojas $15,000 - Dan Rafael of ESPN.

Purse figures were released Friday by the Nevada commission. Crawford's official contract calls for a purse of $1.75 million, though his guarantee from Top Rank is $3 million. Horn's official purse is $500,000, but he is guaranteed $1.25 million. Pedraza will earn $35,000, Moran $12,500, Benavidez $35,00 and Rojas $15,000 - Dan Rafael of ESPN.
Thanks! A few more paydays like that and Crawford will be set for life. I feel bad for those guys on the undercard though.

Why is Jeff Horn the champion getting less than the challenger?

Damn

The only reason people will watch the fight is because Crawford is fighting, Horn simply isnt a draw

The only reason people will watch the fight is because Crawford is fighting, Horn simply isnt a draw
Also it's a voluntary defense and not a mandatory and more money than Horn was going to make against anyone else.

He did peaked at 4.4 million viewers on espn , seems like a big draw

He did peaked at 4.4 million viewers on espn , seems like a big draw

Are you talking about when he fought Pacquiao?

I'm not sure people were tuning in to see Horn in all honesty

Back