Jeff Horn vs. Gary Corcoran in Play For November Showdown

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
An Australian newspaper has claimed that Britain’s Gary Corcoran is more likely to get a shot at WBO Welterweight champion Jeff Horn rather than compatriot Bradley Skeete.

Last week speculation was rife that Skeete, ranked number three by the World Boxing Organisation, was close to securing a deal to challenge for Horn’s title in November. However, The Daily Telegraph’s Jamie Pandaram reported on their website yesterday (September 10) that Corcoran has jumped his Frank Warren stablemate in the queue.

Corcoran is ranked 11 by the WBO at 147lbs after dropping down in weight from 154lbs to defeat Larry Ekundayo for the sanctioning body’s Inter-Continental strap in July.

jeff-horn%20(6)_5.jpg

On Friday, September 8 Skeete took to Twitter to tell Jeff Horn and his promoter Bob Arum “I’m ready and waiting to sign the contract! Hope you’re not getting cold feet!”

Skeete has been on the up since losing to Frankie Gavin for his British Welterweight title and the vacant Commonwealth three years ago. A tight unanimous decision has saw Skeete go on a nine-fight winning streak, including a highly impressive performance against Sam Eggington last year to win British and honours at the second attempt. Skeete has now landed the Lonsdale belt outright after three successful defences against John Thain, Shayne Singleton and Dale Evans.

Stylistically a fight for Horn against the come forward Corcoran would play more into the champion’s hands than it would against the boxer-puncher attributes of Skeete who has been finding snap in his shots since that defeat to Gavin.

The Daily Telegraph added that Corcoran is leading a four man list to land a world title shot at Brisbane’s Entertainment Centre on November 25. Corcoran, Skeete, American Ray Robinson and Argentina’s Adrian Luciano Veron make up the quartet.

Everyone believes Horn is vulnerable so they want to protect that Manny rematch next year.

Danny Garcia called out Horn, i think that'd be interesting with Garcia coming off of a loss.

horn loses to most top 10 of the division

errol spence would leave this man with some severe brain damage

Garcia kicks his ass, spence kicks his ass, manny beat him bored of hearing about him.

Garcia kicks his ass, spence kicks his ass, manny beat him bored of hearing about him.

Both Garcia's (mikey included) kick his ass.....matter of fact any Garcia outta the phone book could probably beat him

He should take on Danny and after smoking him, take Keith's belt and wife. This getting old yet?

Everyone believes Horn is vulnerable so they want to protect that Manny rematch next year.

Danny Garcia called out Horn, i think that'd be interesting with Garcia coming off of a loss.

Of course Danny called him out. Horn is the ripest cherry out there.

I'm shocked Danny hasn't reconsidered talking on Pacman now that he's 100% washed up.

Horn is shit and he once took the park I wanted at Chermside shopping center during Christmas... for me that was unacceptable.

Who? And people thought Horn was a no name. I had to look him up and he is ranked #78 on Boxrec for WW.

Who? And people thought Horn was a no name. I had to look him up and he is ranked #78 on Boxrec for WW.

WBO stay crowning bums for champions.

I still can't figure out who their middleweight champ is supposed to be.

WBO stay crowning bums for champions.

I still can't figure out who their middleweight champ is supposed to be.
Billy joe Saunders isn't it?

You know the lead singer of green day.

Wait, its not Hannah Montana's dad?

Billy Ray he used to go by or something like that.
Could be that guy in the Dudley boyz although I doubt he makes middleweight right now.

Horn is shit and he once took the park I wanted at Chermside shopping center during Christmas... for me that was unacceptable.

He had my support as a fellow countryman, but this is unforgiveable. Support revoked unless he redeems himself in some other traffic related fashion.

He had my support as a fellow countryman, but this is unforgiveable. Support revoked unless he redeems himself in some other traffic related fashion.

Arum is saving him for another TR fighter. Wouldn't be surprised if he's being kept around so Crawford can snatch up a belt.

I would like to see Horn/Crawford then Crawford/Pacman then Horn/Pacman 2...with both of them coming off of losses to Crawford.

Back