Jeff Flake (R) switches vote to save Trump NASA Nominee

I gotta take a break from being a grumbling old prick on this, because you're right that when it comes to funding certain aerospace or related projects, the Republicans come through often enough and good administrators are worth a lot. I can see how it's in your interest, and probably all of our interest, that the contracts and grants keep flowing. Though iirc you're championing the private side a bit more than I think is appropriate for the risk. I think government should generally be taking on a big chunk of the big risks, because it's a good investment for the people.

Not in aeronautics -- NASA is pretty much always been a facilitator for private companies to fulfill designs and we have a long history of public not wanting to pick up the tab and now private companies can fill that need. NASA can always keep their patents from in house projects and use them for the common good but the future of space expo has been headed towards the private sector since the RR / Clinton years -- and they are doing phenomenal work. Shit, im working with a company that is designing micro/ nano-satellites that will provide public and private environmental research firms the ability to have their own dedicated instruments in orbit for around 500k (including launch)

Its probably the best example of privatization benefiting everyone -- keeps NASA free to develop cool but overly theoretical "applications" while the private world takes care of the super costly projects in which congress doesnt have to fight over.

I still regret that blowjob for a grilled cheese at Bonnaroo.

Ben Harper was awesome though.............

I saw ben and vedder preform indifference live -- fucking awesome. Worth having lock jaw for a week.

anyone got any scope?

Not in aeronautics -- NASA is pretty much always been a facilitator for private companies to fulfill designs and we have a long history of public not wanting to pick up the tab and now private companies can fill that need. NASA can always keep their patents from in house projects and use them for the common good but the future of space expo has been headed towards the private sector since the RR / Clinton years -- and they are doing phenomenal work. Shit, im working with a company that is designing micro/ nano-satellites that will provide public and private environmental research firms the ability to have their own dedicated instruments in orbit for around 500k (including launch)

Its probably the best example of privatization benefiting everyone -- keeps NASA free to develop cool but overly theoretical "applications" while the private world takes care of the super costly projects in which congress doesnt have to fight over.
That's cool. And to be fair I haven't kept up with the developments in the last 10 years, so I can't argue that. I guess the philosophical difference between us is that I want these projects subsidized at a scale to the risk involved, and you're wanting space entrepreneurs to figure out how to cash in on the tech and assume as much risk as they are willing to. Does that make me a dinosaur, or does that disagreement still make sense in this industry? I guess the Manhattan/Apollo/Internet projects have done so, so, so fucking well by North America and all of humanity that I'm a little skeptical about doing things differently.

That's cool. And to be fair I haven't kept up with the developments in the last 10 years, so I can't argue that. I guess the philosophical difference between us is that I want these projects subsidized at a scale to the risk involved, and you're wanting space entrepreneurs to figure out how to cash in on the tech and assume as much risk as they are willing to. Does that make me a dinosaur, or does that disagreement still make sense in this industry? I guess the Manhattan/Apollo/Internet projects have done so, so, so fucking well by North America and all of humanity that I'm a little skeptical about doing things differently.

I get what you're saying but it is a bit antiquated. Like saying should we question fed-ex because the USPS did so well 40 years ago. The talent and the ability has just made a natural progression that the private realm now has the resources to carve areas from themselves. And space is not like water systems, roads, education, etc -- i mean the new planet hunter satellite nasa launched today is all kinds of awesome, but is there any real benefits to the us populace outside of furthering knowledge? Also, it was launched at 2700 per kg by a private company -- which is fucking cheap considering NASA cheapest was about 18k for the shuttles. NASA had to fight tooth and nail post apollo and the nation got bored with space travel, so it makes sense why the private world takes on the cost -- which continues knowledge and wonderment, but cuts the cost.

Now, if we discover ways to hit up Rare earth elements (helium-3) on the moon -- yes, the government should be in the game and thats kind of what they are doing with this appointment and moving away from NOAA (something now the private research world can do for cheap) for more planetary and applicable missions

I guess what i am saying is you can do all the things you love NASA for but let the private world take on costs, designs, implementation, etc.

What do we get more muslim outreach

NASA needs to be refocused to get back to doing space shit. Let NOAA or some agency handle climate change research.

Turns out that Liberals have no actual principles, and will suck any dick that happens to point their way for a brief moment.

You guys are so phony. It's hilarious. You'd all suck Sean Hannity's dick for a five minute anti-Trump segment. That's how easily you guys can be manipulated. Just a bunch of hacks.

The last year has clearly shown that republicans have ZERO morals. They’ve dumped all of their “lifelong” beliefs like they were a 2 dollar whore.

And you know it as well, you just won’t admit it though

LOL @ anyone thinking this attention-hogging, boot-licking piece of shit was a real dissenter or figure of principle. The only time he ever crosses the party line is when it makes no difference to the vote. The first time that it does, he tucks tail. Hell, he's not even Corker or McCain-level. He might as well be Rand fucking Paul.

First nomination to the position in history that is a Congressman, let alone a raging partisan, so absurdly unqualified that even partisan lapdog and country club gimp Marco Rubio said that the nomination "could be devastating for the space program" before, of course, voting for it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...s-vote-to-save-trumps-nasa-nominee/ar-AAw21Ew

My father did 30 years in aerospace first with GD and then with Lockheed martin

He hated guys like this with MBAs and no engineering background. He would try and explain why something is literally impossible to do using current techonology and he would get responses like can't you invent new tech?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back