JDS's size change

Body fat % explains most of the difference between JDS and the other heavyweights.

There was an article recently where JDS claims that he has 8% body fat close to the fight. That is much less than most HW (except Reem, Kongo)

may be because we have seen his arms pumped before. The difference is dramatic:

He's pumped here too from exertion:
thumb3_ufc_90_junior_dos_santos_vs_werdum_original_display_image.jpg

And here:
junior-dos-santos-stops-frank-mir.jpeg

That first picture is misleading. Here is another picture of the same fight and JDS looks not that different than he looks today.

ufc_90_junior_vs_werdum.jpg

He actually debuted at 235 and the heaviest he's been was 241 against Roy.

He's not heavy, but he is a big guy. He just happened to debut when Lesnar and Carwin were supposed to be the "new breed". Look at him and crocop.

2rgf8dk.png

damn mirko already lost at the staredown

My take is he always been a deceptively big guy for his weight, and we are seeing grow somewhat into his late 20's. He's gone from age 24 to 28 in the octagon so of course we will some differences

He actually debuted at 235 and the heaviest he's been was 241 against Roy.

He's not heavy, but he is a big guy. He just happened to debut when Lesnar and Carwin were supposed to be the "new breed". Look at him and crocop.

2rgf8dk.png

If only Mirko knew how much of beating is coming his way

Are we seeing the beginning of UberSantos????

My take is he always been a deceptively big guy for his weight, and we are seeing grow somewhat into his late 20's. He's gone from age 24 to 28 in the octagon so of course we will some differences

I think this is the biggest reason right here. He's always been big, bu between aging and far more advanced training and nutrition, he's just coming into his size.

Keep in mind that he doesn't really have to keep his size in check because he's way under his divisional limit.

He has a naturally big frame, his torso is very wide. But he is not spending all day in the gym trying to build excessive muscle.

Those multi-racial Brazilians don't need to eat horse.

he is looking huge in this pic with glove looking guy holding the pads.....

66773_502998456412222_1242825710_n.jpg

I only saw this pic 2 days ago and think that his arm is unreal in this pic. Might be the angle? Looks really weird.

Anyone finds it strange that he was considered skinny and too small for the likes of Lesnar and Carwin when he debuted at 239. Then we see him getting bigger and bigger, now Rogan hypes him as a "huge, powerful HW" but he's only 3lbs heavier at 242? From the pictures over the 9 fights, it looks at least 10 lbs to me. It's not like he lost fat because he's always been ripped. What's your explanation?

Getting a little annoyed with people calling a 6'4, 240lbs man skinny. And Overeem who is 10lbs heavier is huge and monstrous. Where is the fucking fine line here?

I only saw this pic 2 days ago and think that his arm is unreal in this pic. Might be the angle? Looks really weird.

His arm is angled away from his body a bit, so it looks slightly bigger than it is. But JDS have always been around this size anyway which has already been said. Im impressed by how much his vein on his shoulder is popping tho!

I think he must be like Jones who's bigger but lighter than most of his opponents. A lot of weights come from organ weight, may be he has lighter organs. His bones are definitely bigger than most of his opponents'

And, we're breaking down the organ weight of fighters now.

"Say Mike, how big do you think Junior's spleen is?"

"Well Joe, all I can say is that Junior has one of the largest livers in the UFC. What do you think Bas?"

"I knock him out with a liver punch. Very painful KO."

Back