JDS vs Brock.....who would have won?

Back then JDS might've actually killed him

Brock would have a better chance now but I'd still favour JDS

I think JDS would be taken down but get back up. While he would take a beating during some of the early takedowns, Brock would have gassed eventually and the takedown defense would be increasing for JDS.

Despite JDS' beat downs at the hands of Cain, JDS kept getting back up and kept striking all the way till the end.

Brock has better takedowns than Cain due to his strength but far less stamina and worst reaction to getting hit.

Target practice for JDS.

Would not have been competitive.

Brock has better takedowns than Cain due to his strength but far less stamina and worst reaction to getting hit.
Brock does NOT have better takedowns than Cain IN MMA.

No way. Cain has off the charts pressure, cardio and can string his TDs and mix them beautifully with dirty boxing, clinch work and level changes.

Brock had ZERO setups, he just bullrushed and fighters like JDS who have excellent technique would stuff the TDs with EASE.

JDS would have dominated him. Pointing to the Cain wins is a head scratcher. Brock doesn't have Cain's chin, pressure, cardio, and determination. No way he plods forward for five rounds eating JDS best shots the way Cain did.

Although he did dominate the second and third fights, he ate hard, clean shots in both of those fights that would have sent Brock into panic mode. Brock has a good chin but bad composure and recovery, from not being used to taking punches.

Brock does NOT have better takedowns than Cain IN MMA.

No way. Cain has off the charts pressure, cardio and can string his TDs and mix them beautifully with dirty boxing, clinch work and level changes.

Brock had ZERO setups, he just bullrushed and fighters like JDS who have excellent technique would stuff the TDs with EASE.

While Fresh ... Brock took Cain down with ease ... TWICE.

Maybe its not the most fancy, but his strength and speed combined with his skill is greater than Cain's while fresh.

Watch the fight again.

While Fresh ... Brock took Cain down with ease ... TWICE.

Maybe its not the most fancy, but his strength and speed combined with his skill is greater than Cain's while fresh.

Watch the fight again.
He got knocked out in the first round.
What good is a takedown if you can't do anything with it?

Brock is a goddamn beast and his pure size, athleticism and power can allow him to overcome his severe technical flaws but that doesn't get the job done against elite guys like Cain, JDS, Ubereem, Stipe, Werdum.

Another important piece of the puzzle is that the cat is out of the bag, Brock reacts HORRIBLY, to punches coming at him. He was way more hesitant against Reem and Hunt after taking beatings by Cain and Carwin.

JDS is a heavy hitter with decent speed Brock would be shitting his pants and would be apprehensive about closing the distance.

Could Brock get a takedown against a top guy? Absolutely, he is a 300 pound gorilla.

Would he ever be as dominant and imposing as Cain was? Not with his awful technique.

Problem with Brock is he pushes and gets a takedown in the first round, but eventually opponent gets up and Brock looks like a gassed/scared fish out of water... unless it’s Frank Mir.

He only beat Hunt because Hunt is old as fuck, not a wrestler, and the size difference was enormous.

How anyone thinks he beats Cormier is beyond me. Rewatch Couture vs Lesnar. Lesnar could not get Couture down after the first round and Couture was having a lot of success in the clinch. Now replace Couture with Cormier and see what happens to Brock.

And when Brock fought Couture he was like 31 years old. Now he is 40 and will have a lower dose of whey protein in him.

Problem with Brock is he pushes and gets a takedown in the first round, but eventually opponent gets up and Brock looks like a gassed/scared fish out of water... unless it’s Frank Mir.

He only beat Hunt because Hunt is old as fuck, not a wrestler, and the size difference was enormous.

How anyone thinks he beats Cormier is beyond me. Rewatch Couture vs Lesnar. Lesnar could not get Couture down after the first round and Couture was having a lot of success in the clinch. Now replace Couture with Cormier and see what happens to Brock.

And when Brock fought Couture he was like 31 years old. Now he is 40 and will have a lower dose of whey protein in him.

Yep dem roids wont help em this time

jds then KOs brock easily..

jds now jabs now into a living death..

junior_dos_santos_UFC_FOX_funny.gif

Ah! Yes... There it is...

Love this thing... Wouldn’t you love to meet the Marketing team that came up with this. Jesus, really makes you wonder how people
Get hired and stay in their roles..

But I think JDS would have Brock’s number... Especially at the time this fight was going to happen.

No way. Jds wouldn't have stuffed his takedowns.

Hard to say. JDS stuffed Carwin with ease and stuffed some of Cain's...it's just that Cain was relentless and had cardio for days. He pushed the pace almost like a LW.

All prime JDS would have to do was stuff 1 or 2 TDs at the most...or get a stand-up before taking too much damage on the ground...and Lesnar would be in trouble, just like the Carwin, Cain and Overeem fights. (Brock was in sad shape for the Overeem fight and only half-heartedly tried one single leg).

But I do think pre-div Brock was a different beast and had a chance against anyone.

I could see Brock winnning only through taking JDS down into GNP (with his chances decreasing round after round).

JDS, on the other hand, could win via KO/TKO in any round. I would not see this going to a decision.

JDS would have pecked and pierced Brock with jabs until he ducked in on a brutal uppercut or backs away to the cage and JDS tees off on him vintage JDS style.

Back