JDS vs Arlovski

Stalkingsquid

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think this is the match to make right now; both strikers in their twilight years it would seem and both are former champs. It's a fresh matchup and with both guys ability to take a punch diminished we are almost guaranteed a KO.

What do y'all think? Personally I'd go with JDS.

I think this is the match to make right now; both strikers in their twilight years it would seem and both are former champs. It's a fresh matchup and with both guys ability to take a punch diminished we are almost guaranteed a KO.

Yeah, decent co-main or could headline a smaller fight night in Brazil or Belarus

Ya thats gotta be the fight to make. Either Arlovski or Werdum rematch.
Or I mean... We could try the whole JDS vs Ngannou thing again

I like tht fight too hope it gets booked , let Werdum nd Miocic fight again.

Ya thats gotta be the fight to make. Either Arlovski or Werdum rematch.
Or I mean... We could try the whole JDS vs Ngannou thing again
I like the Werdum rematch but I feel JDS is damaged goods at this point, I'd give him another unranked or around top 10 guy.

And with how gunshy Ngannou was against Derrick Lewis I'd actually favour JDS in that fight.

Arlovski has a fight with Abdurahkimov first, but there are a lot of crappy match up options at heavyweight right now.

Outside of the circus match between Lesnar and DC, their are limited 1st tier options for the ufc; Miocic, Blaydes, Volkov, and maybe Lewis (but seeing how Hunt beat him, I don’t think Lewis is tier 1 quality).

Tuivasa, JDS, Werdum, Hunt, Reem, Arlovski, Tybura, and Ngannou are all behind those guys.

Last edited:
Arlovski has a fight with Abdurahkimov first. There are a lot of crappy options at heavyweight right now.
Then JDS vs Tuivasa would be good. Strikers and if it's a 3 rounder they may push the pace more.

I like the Werdum rematch but I feel JDS is damaged goods at this point, I'd give him another unranked or around top 10 guy.

And with how gunshy Ngannou was against Derrick Lewis I'd actually favour JDS in that fight.

But can Werdum fight? Didn't he test positive for something?

Do it, give JDS a couple wins then rebook vs Ngannou

or Black Beast if his back isnt fucked

But can Werdum fight? Didn't he test positive for something?
He did, but so far as I know nothing else has been revealed. Could be another fuck up like with JDS. Who knows at this point with USADA and fighters pissing hot everywhere.

JDS should win. Both are past their primes but JDS is a few years younger and hasn't been KO'd nearly as much (though his 2 fights with Cain put about 10 extra years on him).

I wouldn't mind JDS-Overeem #2 either. I'd love to see JDS get his revenge, though all bets are off when two HWs with weak chins collide.

He did, but so far as I know nothing else has been revealed. Could be another fuck up like with JDS. Who knows at this point with USADA and fighters pissing hot everywhere.

I think Werdum had a couple of good fights left in him. It's a shame they threw him under the bus. I don't buy it that USADA is going about this without a bias.

Do it, give JDS a couple wins then rebook vs Ngannou

or Black Beast if his back isnt fucked
Black beast would be an interesting fight. Junior has the better striking but he's wilted lately when he gets cracked good. And I'm always for fresh match ups.

JDS should win. Both are past their primes but JDS is a few years younger and hasn't been KO'd nearly as much (though his 2 fights with Cain put about 10 extra years on him).

I wouldn't mind JDS-Overeem #2 either. I'd love to see JDS get his revenge, though all bets are off when two HWs with weak chins collide.
I think it'll be the same as the first fight. Overeem is more willing to pull the trigger and has a more diverse striking arsenal.

I think it'll be the same as the first fight. Overeem is more willing to pull the trigger and has a more diverse striking arsenal.

JDS looked terrible in that fight, though. It was a night and day difference from the JDS who fought Hunt (which was still a post-Cain punch drunk JDS). Against Hunt, JDS mixed up boxing and kicks and wasn't afraid to go for the kill. When he fought Overeem, JDS was gunshy for the first time...even when he had Overeem in trouble. An earlier JDS would've easily finished the fight in that position.

Given how Overeem looked and fared against Ngannou and Blaydes, I still say all bets are off if he fights JDS again.

JDS looked terrible in that fight, though. It was a night and day difference from the JDS who fought Hunt (which was still a post-Cain punch drunk JDS). Against Hunt, JDS mixed up boxing and kicks and wasn't afraid to go for the kill. When he fought Overeem, JDS was gunshy for the first time...even when he had Overeem in trouble. An earlier JDS would've easily finished the fight in that position.

Given how Overeem looked and fared against Ngannou and Blaydes, I still say all bets are off if he fights JDS again.
Unfortunately your right, after that second Cain beating JDS has become gunshy and when he gets cracked good now like we saw against Overeem and in the Miocic rematch he wilts. It's a damn shame.

What if it goes the distance? Saddest fight ever imho.

Don't think it'll happen though, aren't they both at ATT?

I think you're dead wrong JDS has like 1/10 his old power, and Arlovski as well, both seem to be afraid to really battle lately so it be an ok kickboxing heavy match filled with fients and leg kicks that goes to a decision for whoever landed more.

Back