JDS tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide.

Damn man....So many people cheat and it just always saddens me.

Hold on.

His camp is going to test/research hundreds of GNC supplements before finding something that has the substance he tested positive for and submit it to USADA proving his innocence.
What you suggest is virtually impossible. It would be easier and far cheaper to bribe someone at a supplement company but still not an easy task

OR... or, he might have high blood pressure

They usually don't put you primarily on diuretics when you have hypertension. Youre usually on actual BP medication like lisinopril, amlodipine, etc...

They add a diuretic to your meds if you got CHF, Edema in addition to hypertension

JDS is a young healthy male, and he's not trying to cut weight. Most likely he was using it as a making agent and got caught. If he does have a medical condition and taking medication he would have to disclose it earlier anyways, and he said he wasn't taking anything...

According to www.drugs.com: Hydrochlorothiazide is also used to treat fluid retention in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, or kidney disorders, or edema caused by taking steroids or estrogen.

Everybody is on steroids. HAHAHA

Don't post about things you don't know anything about.

They usually don't put you primarily on diuretics when you have hypertension. Youre usually on actual BP medication like lisinopril, amlodipine, etc...

They add a diuretic to your meds if you got CHF, Edema in addition to hypertension

JDS is a young healthy male, and he's not trying to cut weight. Most likely he was using it as a making agent and got caught

Another ignorant moron on sherdog. Diuretics are frequently given with antihypertensivw meds

Isn't rhabdo caused by overdoing it when working out? Would this cause an ongoing problem that would need medication? Also, wouldn't he know that he was taking the med?

you are correct on all fronts.

i'm just taking a shot in the dark for precautionary measures.

Another ignorant moron on sherdog. Diuretics are frequently given with antihypertensivw meds

That's my point you mouth breather, they just don't put you on a diuretic by itself if you got high blood pressure. And JDS said he isn't taking any meds regardless so high blood pressure isn't the issue here

Back