JDS tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide.

actually, it says edema can be caused by kidney and liver problems also. JDS suffered from rhabdomyolysis which greatly affects kidney function, and depending on how bad it was, it could have permanently affected him.

i'm not trying to make excuses, but he did have this disease before.
Isn't rhabdo caused by overdoing it when working out? Would this cause an ongoing problem that would need medication? Also, wouldn't he know that he was taking the med?

Didn't cowboy and thiago Alves test positive for the same shit?

184eabcc4ee411e29d6822000a9e0849_7.jpg

"I'm not surprised motherfuckers" - Kenflo

If it makes you feel any better James Irvin was the fighter that popped. I trained at several places but spent a lot of time at his old gym UTC which is now closed. He now teaches classes at the Urijah Faber UFC gym in Rocklin, CA.

I believe it was painkillers he popped for but I have strong reason to believe he used painkillers, diuretics, and roids. The dude was a walking pharmacy.

Ah man. Thought Junior was one of the few who was clean.
JDS and Mir are probably my favorite HWs, but there's nobody in high-level sports who would surprise me if they failed. PEDs are rampant, all testing does is limit what they can expect to get away with.

It's a drug used to flush your system out. So he had something he was trying to flush.

actually, it says edema can be caused by kidney and liver problems also. JDS suffered from rhabdomyolysis which greatly affects kidney function, and depending on how bad it was, it could have permanently affected him.

i'm not trying to make excuses, but he did have this disease before.
His camp is saying he didn't knowingly take anything, so it isn't a case of him not realizng he needed a TUE for a legit treatment. It's contaminated supplements, or intentional cheating.

Nooooo but Junior is a Saint!

I guess Mark Hunt is always right.

His camp is going to test/research hundreds of GNC supplements before finding something that has the substance he tested positive for and submit it to USADA proving his innocence.

No need!

They can just ask Malki Kawa to check his now extensive database of tainted supplements!

He fucked up his cycle and got caught.

Needs a better doping manager.

any clean brazilian fighter left ?
Machida
spider
JDS
Big Foot
Cyborg

Bring on the full blown UBER FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP! Because they cant catch cheats well enough so its pointless and unfair doing it half assed,

Alistair_Overeem_vs_vs_Ewerton_Teixeira_medium.gif

tumblr_inline_mrakkcXbAs1qz4rgp.gif

increase the weight limit to infinity

Wouldn't he know why it was in his system if it was for a medical reason?
Yes. When they test you they ask if you're taking anything that might show up on the test. He would have said "hey, I'm taking this..."

Back