JDS tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide.

Hold on.

His camp is going to test/research hundreds of GNC supplements before finding something that has the substance he tested positive for and submit it to USADA proving his innocence.

No need.

There are a few chemists out there who have probably already done that and charge a handsome fee for providing specific tainted batch #'s for a particular banned substance.

Cerrone was busted for a diuretic, but he was trying to make 155. Using a diuretic as a masking agent when you're not close to the cutoff weight doesn't make much sense.

Wouldn't he know why it was in his system if it was for a medical reason?
You would think he should know, especially since he is an athlete. HCTZ is the generic name, maybe he is taking a brand name drug.

But I doubt it. He was probably taking it for performance enhancing purposes.

What is hydrochlorothiazide?

Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.

Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).

Hydrochlorothiazide is also used to treat fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, or kidney disorders, or edema caused by taking steroids or estrogen.

https://www.drugs.com/hydrochlorothiazide.html
<DCrying>

I had a feeling I was like it's a fat burner but guys should know that's easily tracked with usada

In other news:
Yoel remains to have the least shady contamination story!!!

Highly doubt it as I've not heard anything about him having a heart condition before. Also he would have no need for a diuretic to cut weight since he's never weighed in close to the HW limit.
Some people like to be lean

Highly doubt it as I've not heard anything about him having a heart condition before. Also he would have no need for a diuretic to cut weight since he's never weighed in close to the HW limit.
I don't think an athlete will volunteer information about a health condition. However, I do agree with you. The probability that he was taking HCTZ for performance enhancing purposes is more realistic.

@TheRuthlessOne You were saying? He tested positive for a fooking diuretic!

The fight was fookin cancelled... OVER A DIURETIC!

(fusada)

So basically he was taking a bunch of steroids and masking it with a diuretic?
no, so basically what you have is that they found a diuretic in his A sample.
The substance in itself is NOT in any shape or form PED or evidence he took it.

We will have to wait for them to try and find out what he took, if they are tainted or not and most important, if the B test also shows the same results (which is possible could have been contaminated).

So in other words, you have no clue what happened.
Stop jumping into conclusions and let the "authorities" deal with it before judging a guy whom, until now, passed all tests with flying colors.

Back