JDS goes deep on USADA

Days before facing Carwin vs days before facing Miocic for the second time. Completely different lean mass:fat ratio. Which is exactly what androgenic steroids excel at maximizing. Traps, neck gets smaller, yet more fat in the mid-section/entire torso(and face for that matter):

bMOzOXj.gif

You didn't account for the 6 year span in between those fights man.

Not even going to say JDS wasn't on the juice since I don't know but obviously he would have less lean body mass as he ages 6 years.

You would think with so much on the line there would be a closer eye paid. Tainted supplements are one of the reasons I gave up on really caring about PEDs in the first place. Everything is an excuse or negligence on someone's behalf.

Pop and pay the price! Or perhaps have an official sponsored brand (as mentioned), but use the same regulations and rewards as the Reebok deal.

This is very simple. You pay someone a huge amount of money to find something, and they will find it. How they find it, is anyone's guess. But they need to justify getting that money. They need to show results.

You fucking idiots are unreal.

You think that JDS's decline might have something to do with the insane amount of punishment that he's taken in his career?

BTW You're aware that he popped for trace amounts of a diuretic out of competition, right?

So you're telling me that JDS, a heavyweight who doesn't cut to the 265 limit, was "cheating" by taking a cutting agent when he wasn't even training for a fight? Are you fucking kidding me?

I honestly don't know what's a bigger joke: the idiot MMA fanbase, who looks for any excuse to discredit a fighter's career, or USADA's strictly liability policy, which destroys the reputations of fighters who are able to prove that they've done nothing wrong.
The fanbase will throw shade at a fighter they don’t like.
Thats how is works for good or for worse.
USADA though,
The Pokes Jones sentence will be the real eye opener.
Guys like Machida or JDS get 1 year for DHEA and 6 months for a tainted supplement with diuretics,and they kept their names dirty on the list.
If Pokes gets less then 4 years for the double hit with a full mount steroid case.
Then something really weird is happening there.

There's no basis for this statement. When Overeem was roided, he managed to avoid taking a lot of damage, largely because was he was so good at dishing it out.

The cleanest shots that he took during his roid phase, which came in the Badr Hari rematch, hurt him pretty easily.

Let's not forget him getting beat up by small guys like Shogun left and right.

You think that JDS's decline might have something to do with the insane amount of punishment that he's taken in his career?

BTW You're aware that he popped for trace amounts of a diuretic out of competition, right?

So you're telling me that JDS, a heavyweight who doesn't cut to the 265 limit, was "cheating" by taking a cutting agent when he wasn't even training for a fight? Are you fucking kidding me?

I honestly don't know what's a bigger joke: the idiot MMA fanbase, who looks for any excuse to discredit a fighter's career, or USADA's strictly liability policy, which destroys the reputations of fighters who are able to prove that they've done nothing wrong.

Getting this upset over a sherdog post

Take a chill pill brah

You didn't account for the 6 year span in between those fights man.

Not even going to say JDS wasn't on the juice since I don't know but obviously he would have less lean body mass as he ages 6 years.
Every one of Nog's boys coincidently lost massive muscle mass, at the exact same time... right after Anderson Silva popped, and random testing was implemented... leading up to USADA

Also just a coincidence that every single one of them popped for something or the other - Anderson, Machida, JDS, Little Nog, Feijao...

Yup, makes perfect coincidental sense

I find it entirely plausible that JDS is/was using PEDS

But that is not really the issue.

He failed a USADA test. He chose to challenge the findings. He "won" in that he proved contaminated supplements but he wasn't exactly innocent since they did give him a 6-month suspension.

I can see how it is frustrating it is for athletes who have a credible claim to being innocent to go through a process that must seem weighted against them.

JDS' suggestion to have fighters compete while contesting the results is not an improvement. Imagine a fighter winning an important fight or even a title and then having to serve a PED suspension that occurred before the fight. It makes no sense (btw - the favorite for the Tour de France is in almost that exact position right now. Just won the Giro. Favoured for the Tour. Still fighting an adverse test result from last autumn. Its a mess.)

tenor.gif

No shit he's pissed at USADA, a guy whose body turned soft and bloated immediately post-USADA and lost all aggression and ability to take a punch.

Literally ate 50 flush bombs from Stipe the first time, then folds in one glancing one against the fence. Trap/neck musculature no longer up to par? How could that be?

Ferocious fighter on the front foot, no problem getting in a firefight. Post-USADA; tentative the entire fight against Overeem before folding.. bald fraud.

Yea good win dancing around fat Rothwell, in a fight where Rothwell realized he needed to get back on the sauce, which is why he subsequently busted before his next fight.
Hahahaha

You are a clown, Cain beat him half to death for nearly 50 minutes, he took years off his life and all of his athletic ability and chin

My take on PEDs and steroids is mixed. I get why they want the sport to be clean and free from people having a leg up on others that don't use them (fucking everyone used them).

But god damn, this is a physical sport. With a lot of body damage coming from all the shit they put their bodies through. I'm for them using the shit to recover, I mean if everyone's using, then who has an upper hand or who's at a disadvantage? The fans? No, they get to see fighters at their very peak.

I know the UFC wanted to clean up the sport and legitimize the thing before selling it, with Reebok, USADA and what not. But what you're seeing is fighters that were at the top of their game, really falling back in place with everyone else.

These new owners are not fight educated. They aren't doing a great job of promoting fights, fighters or anything to expand it. I still think they need to scale back PPV, or ditch the bitch with everyone able to stream, illegally. Have the UFC and Bellator fight one another, with Bellator really making a leap on signing UFC fighters. I can see Bellator becoming bigger than the UFC, with them not taking $ out of fighters pockets by making them wear a stupid uniform.

The UFC only cares about the UFC. They don't do shit to hype up fighters anymore. I mean back in the day, Hughes, Couture, Ortiz, Silva, GSP were all big names. There's not really anybody in the UFC that gets the attention that it did 10 - 13 years ago, besides Conor, who hasn't fought in long time.

usada didnt fuck up. they 100% tested positive.

usada then when out of their way, including working with brazilian law enforcement to prove their case for them.

however.. ultimately, when you go to a fucking pharmacy of all places to get supplements you are takingg a risk, hence the 6 month suspension.

yes, Usada did fuck up by labeling them as cheaters first, and then having an investigation.

Does USADA have a policy about taking compounded supplements. Even if they don't, its abit odd that an experienced athlete would take something risky like that instead of grabbing something from GNC. Or maybe its normal in Brazil, I don't know.

yes, Usada did fuck up by labeling them as cheaters first, and then having an investigation.
Usada never labelled them cheaters at any point .

They tested positive. Usada informed the fighter and the ufc. That's all they said until the decision was rendered.

You realise it isn't usada that makes these cases public prior to decision right? Usada don't reveal any details not even potential violations until after the decision has been rendered.

Check their website. They don't announce potential violations, they don't release any details unless the athlete themselves release it.

It's the ufc that announce the potential violations NOT usada

They do not label them cheaters, but the fact remains they have a banned substance in their system. It's up to the fighters to prove or contest how it got there. At the end of the day it is or was still in their system. The only thing a fighter can do is fight intent.

Back